sounding desperate/suicidal on PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalogist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
would writing things down like (examples) "dentistry is my only option in life" or "I don't know what'll do if i get rejected by D-school" would it hurt my PS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
that's probably not the best way to describe how you feel about dentistry, try another approach :)

Reactions: 5 users
"I don't know what'll do if i get rejected by D-school" This was actually a question that came up in one of my interviews. I would be willing to bet they wouldn't like me if I answered "I dunno what I would do...". I wouldn't put either of these. Like 2THDDS said, try another approach (i.e. passionate, dedicated, etc) not desperate.

Actions > words. What have you done to show your desire and commitment? Talk about that.

Do not write that! You would be considered a risk to them. Just say that you are really passionate about this career and that you cannot see yourself doing another occupation.

try to ask an english professor i think it might hurt

It may not hurt, but don't be surprised if a couple of guys/gals (aka chicks) show up at your doorstep with one size fits all straightjacket.

Last edited:
what do you think bro? if your girl says she's gonna cut herself if you break up with her, will you think she's loco?

Reactions: 3 users

switch potato with dentistry and that's you

Reactions: 5 users
It may not hurt, but don't be surprised if a couple of guys show up at your doorstep with one size fits all straightjacket.
why does it have to be a couple of guys? mental institution workers can be chicks too

easy there no need to call my life a potato...
newpotatoes.jpg

you.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
thats one huge hand you have there....if you know what i mean:rolleyes:

Last edited:
why does it have to be a couple of guys? mental institution workers can be chicks too
The post has been changed to satisfy your complaint.

Reactions: 1 users
OP, I personally think it sounds too informal. It's something you could tell a friend, not adcom. Best of luck!

The title of this thread makes me laugh every time I see it on the board.