South Alabama Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KWBum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

So, does anyone have any info on this program?

It's most striking feature is size.

There are only two M.D. faculty members.

Any thoughts? Observations? Opinions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

KWBum said:
Hi!

So, does anyone have any info on this program?

It's most striking feature is size.

There are only two M.D. faculty members.

Any thoughts? Observations? Opinions?

Thanks!

BUMP--share the knowledge, please!

roady said:
BUMP--share the knowledge, please!
BUMP--come hither from out of the shadows...It's baffling why there's so little on this site about this program. Would anyone please share??

Members don't see this ad :)
roady said:
BUMP--come hither from out of the shadows...It's baffling why there's so little on this site about this program. Would anyone please share??

I would guess it's because no one knows anything about this program, or they would have already replied....

I know nothing about the program, but went to the website. I saw that they have pictures of only 2 physician faculty. That's probably all they could get to pose for the pictures. I can't imagine a program that has two doctors on staff. Looking through the site a little more nets you a couple extra names/pictues of MDs. I'm sure there's enough faculty, and adjunct. Interview there if you've got concerns, and see for yourself.

According to FREIDA's info (which the program directors give, so I tend to trust them), Southern Alabama indeed as only 2 full-time and 1 part-time physician on staff. :eek: See for yourself at the following link:
http://www.ama-assn.org/vapp/freida/pgm/0,1238,4000122232,00.html

My opinion on this scenario (and I'm but a lowly 4th year, so please take this with many shakes of salt) is that either 1) one would not get a lot of exposure to different psychiatrists or 2) they have a ton of visiting physicians to make up for it... But, again, I have no idea.

good luck!

-psych2b

Anyone interview at this place recently/like last cycle? I'm asking for a cousin who's IMG and wants to be closer to her hubby. It seems like a good program from the last time I saw these posts.

Yes, I know this post is 10 years old but I could not find any recent reviews.

anyone gone here for an interview? looking for recent feedback

I did a month there in psyc during my 4th year of med school (late 90's) and felt it was a lower tier program that was very small. I really liked Mobile to live in and beaches are 1 hour away. I went to a different program that was much larger and it fit me much better. You can get great training at he worst program if willing to work/study for it.

I guess thats a good program better than birmingham in terms of work hours?