South College of phamacy TN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So i was searching on the interview feedback site on SDN for south college and they don't have one for this school. How do you guys suggest preparing for the interview here? What types of questions would they ask us? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So i was searching on the interview feedback site on SDN for south college and they don't have one for this school. How do you guys suggest preparing for the interview here? What types of questions would they ask us? Thanks.

hey i noticed the same thing. I believe it might be because the school is a bit new and pre-candidate status, perhaps?

I received an interview for South College TN at the end of this month and would also like to know what type of questions they ask. =\

Got an interview Dec 14! So nervous! Any advice out there? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the 14th as well! So excited and nervous at the same time!!

Anyone who had a recent interview can give any insight?

I'm on the 14th as well! So excited and nervous at the same time!!

Anyone who had a recent interview can give any insight?

Know how to handle questions about why you have any withdrawals (if any), or have less than excellent things on your transcript or in your past. Know why YOU want to become a pharmacist. Know why you would like to go to South College School of Pharmacy. Know what you think is positive about healthcare, and what the greatest problem areas are in health care, in your opinion. If you can answer these basic questions about yourself and the healthcare industry, then you will be in good shape at the interview.

Basically, questions are centered around finding out if you can handle the pharmacy curriculum, how you handle a little pressure, and making sure that you really want to do it. Talk about your pharmacy experience and your life experiences and how things led you to the field of pharmacy.

Be likeable by everyone, all the time. If you are not likeable, pretend to be someone that is. I knew what I wanted, and I was just myself as much as I could be in an interview situation, and received an acceptance. Hope this helps everyone.

Got an interview Dec 14! So nervous! Any advice out there? :)

Hey I just had my interview last week and i want to help SDNers because i had a lot of help from here.

My interview with south college was my 3rd pharmacy school interview, and of all three it was my hardest. They process overall was the best, great tour, great campus, great professors, GREAT students (the best i've spoken to)

I'd suggest to take a rental car, cabs are expensive (about $35-40 one way from airport to hotel/SOP)

Interview
It's open file, they know every GPA (science/math/overall) Be prepared to answer questions like why did you get such a low grade in this class... they pick out specific classes. Also, if your PCAT is low, don't be scared, but they might confront you, so be able to sincerely answer why, what happened, and how you prepared for the test or plan to retake.

Be prepared for situational questions, it would help if you have pharmacy hands on experience. I think i did well on this part, except they were hard, i was so honest i mentioned "wow this is probably the hardest interview question i've had so far" just be calm and answer as best you can. I am a VERY smilely person, and it was hard to answer when they don't smile back.

Also, answer quick, be concrete and passionate in every word, because its only 30 minutes! (for me it was fast because my other interviews went past 30 minutes, one was 50mins) ...i like to talk, a lot.

Essay
The essay is a persuasive. you are given a pharmacy related topic, and you have to give evidence of your knowledge in the field. It's only given one whole page. make an outline.
I wrote really small because i had a lot to say.

After the interviews/essays they send you off and the committee gets together and discuss each interviewee. They take quite a while to talk in detail, with you open file, numbers/stats, extracurricular, leadership, ect. and then they vote.

Results
You will know if you got accepted the SAME day you interviewed. So be prepared, go hang out and do something fun to keep your mind off it!

While you're there, don't be shy, make friends with other interviewees, and talk to the current students. It made me want to go to this school even more!

After a few hours of exploring Knoxville, i got a call and was ACCEPTED!

*** for those who have low gap/pcat. Don't worry, i was that person, but you have to remember to outshine everyone else. you must have a lot of extracurriculars and leadership roles.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Hey I just had my interview last week and i want to help SDNers because i had a lot of help from here.

My interview with south college was my 3rd pharmacy school interview, and of all three it was my hardest. They process overall was the best, great tour, great campus, great professors, GREAT students (the best i've spoken to)

I'd suggest to take a rental car, cabs are expensive (about $35-40 one way from airport to hotel/SOP)

Interview
It's open file, they know every GPA (science/math/overall) Be prepared to answer questions like why did you get such a low grade in this class... they pick out specific classes. Also, if your PCAT is low, don't be scared, but they might confront you, so be able to sincerely answer why, what happened, and how you prepared for the test or plan to retake.

Be prepared for situational questions, it would help if you have pharmacy hands on experience. I think i did well on this part, except they were hard, i was so honest i mentioned "wow this is probably the hardest interview question i've had so far" just be calm and answer as best you can. I am a VERY smilely person, and it was hard to answer when they don't smile back.

Also, answer quick, be concrete and passionate in every word, because its only 30 minutes! (for me it was fast because my other interviews went past 30 minutes, one was 50mins) ...i like to talk, a lot.

Essay
The essay is a persuasive. you are given a pharmacy related topic, and you have to give evidence of your knowledge in the field. It's only given one whole page. make an outline.

After the interviews/essays they send you off and the committee gets together and discuss each interviewee. They take quite a while to talk in detail, with you open file, numbers/stats, extracurricular, leadership, ect. and then they vote.

Results
You will know if you got accepted the SAME day you interviewed. So be prepared, go hang out and do something fun to keep your mind off it!

While you're there, don't be shy, make friends with other interviewees, and talk to the current students. It made me want to go to this school even more!

*** for those who have low gap/pcat. Don't worry, i was that person, but you have to remember to outshine everyone else. you must have a lot of extracurriculars and leadership roles.

I think you did a great job with your post, but I would like to add a few things. This is a great school, and hopefully will be given its candidate status after the first of the year. Once receiving full accreditation, sometime after graduating their first class, this school will without a doubt within 3-5 years after graduating its first class, be known as the premier pharmacy school in TN.

The only bad things I can think of about this school is that it is a little pricey and they are awaiting candidate status, but I can say that the staff and faculty at this school are awesome. I am so happy with how personable and down to earth that they are. They understand where you are coming from and know that people are human beings. I really like the personality of this school. I love the staff. The school is state of art. There is no school in TN that will have better technology than this one.

There is always decisions, decisions, decisions as to where to go to school and what your next move is. I am drove crazy within the confusion of weighing all the pros and cons, but I can say that the South College staff and faculty are first class. The students I met were nice as well, but staffs willingness to work with you is A+ in my book.

Interview

Essay

Results

wow thank you so much for the info!! i'm from california too!!

Hi everyone. I just interviewed with South yesterday and got accepted 2 hours later! Anyone else who got accepted and plan on attending this school? What do you guys think about the school? Overall, I'm really impressed with how the school is doing and I just feel like the staff members are such nice and friendly people who really want to help their students succeed! Their technology is really great and innovative to follow with today's modern pharmacy profession! I really like that about the school! The 1500 deposit is a lot though!

Hi everyone,

I got interviewed on 12/14/12 and got an acceptance call the same day..

anyone else accepted and attending?

I love the school but just a little worried about the accreditation process and it being a fairly new school, it could have an impact on intern opportunities??

any feedback from future/current students is much appreciated...

:)

Hi everyone. I just interviewed with South yesterday and got accepted 2 hours later! Anyone else who got accepted and plan on attending this school? What do you guys think about the school? Overall, I'm really impressed with how the school is doing and I just feel like the staff members are such nice and friendly people who really want to help their students succeed! Their technology is really great and innovative to follow with today's modern pharmacy profession! I really like that about the school! The 1500 deposit is a lot though!
I interviewed 12/14/12 and was accepted the same day also. I really liked the school and cost of living in Knoxville is way more affordable than where I live now.

I would also like to hear from current students! what's it like being on the quarter system and what's your overall experience thus far?

I agree 1500 is a lot but they seemed pretty flexible about the payment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/14/12 and was accepted the same day also. I really liked the school and cost of living in Knoxville is way more affordable than where I live now.

I would also like to hear from current students! what's it like being on the quarter system and what's your overall experience thus far?

I agree 1500 is a lot but they seemed pretty flexible about the payment.

Are you planning on attending South???!!!

I agree 1500 is a little hefty considering south college being a new school and all...not mention having interviews at other colleges as well later on in January..

I did send the seat deposit fee though but wanted to hear others thoughts on the program...

I agree 1500 is a little hefty considering south college being a new school and all...not mention having interviews at other colleges as well later on in January..

I did send the seat deposit fee though but wanted to hear others thoughts on the program...

Yea I'm still waiting to hear back from my first choice school and I heard that we can extend the deposit date if we needed more time. I haven't sent in my deposit yet.

Yea I'm still waiting to hear back from my first choice school and I heard that we can extend the deposit date if we needed more time. I haven't sent in my deposit yet.

I'm interested in seeing if I could extend the deposit date. What have you heard about that? Has anyone done that?

I'm interested in seeing if I could extend the deposit date. What have you heard about that? Has anyone done that?

Dr. Tarrants, the assistant dean of student services told us that we could if we needed more time to wait on other schools. He said he wants us to be sure that we wanna go here. I just sent Diane Smith an email about that and I'll let you guys know what she says! =]

Oh thanks! Let us know what she says! I emailed her yesterday asking if my letter was dated the 17th but I received it on the 22nd when would it have to be in. She said January 5th. I too would like to wait until I hear back from my hometown school, which would be first week of Feb.

Oh thanks! Let us know what she says! I emailed her yesterday asking if my letter was dated the 17th but I received it on the 22nd when would it have to be in. She said January 5th. I too would like to wait until I hear back from my hometown school, which would be first week of Feb.

I emailed her asking for extension and expressing my concern about the deposit and she responded me saying if South is my top choice then they can work with the deposit. She didn't mention about the extension? So I emailed her saying I will let her know ASAP about my decision but it will be after the deadline on the letter! She hasn't responded so I hope that shes ok with it? Lol

Anyone attending South College for Class of 2016?

Hello Nguye368, I will be attending South College for the class of May 2016!

I am also attending South College for class of 2016!! :)

Those who got accepted know how long South College inform their decision after the interview date?! Also, will they just call those who are in or also do so to others to let them know they are rejcted?!

Thanks

They called the same day we interviewed. I left to make the trip back home and they called that afternoon to let me know I was accepted. Really fast! Really on the ball... how most schools should be!

They called the same day we interviewed. I left to make the trip back home and they called that afternoon to let me know I was accepted. Really fast! Really on the ball... how most schools should be!

Hey, thanks for your reply. When was your interview? Are you going to South College? Did you pay the deposit?

Thanks

Hey. I interviewed December 14th and yes I did pay the deposit. I am honestly still deciding though. Although I did love the school, staff and what they had to offer.

Any facebook page for those who got acceped?

Hi everyone!! I got accepted last week and have sent in my deposit!!

Did anyone else get acceptance from the first interview this year on Sept 27th? I got an offer and took it. I'm proud to say that I am an official part of the class of 2017!

I have my interview next Friday nov. 8th!!!! Super excited!!!

Did anyone else get acceptance from the first interview this year on Sept 27th? I got an offer and took it. I'm proud to say that I am an official part of the class of 2017!
How was it???? Did they let you know the same day?

Congratts :) on your interview invite! do you mind sharing words of advice about your interview?
South college interview was a great experience!!! They make you feel comfortable and welcome right from the time you walk in the door. There is an essay part to the interview which is one page and it is a situational question. Pretty easy... The interview itself was with two faculty members who were really nice! Make sure you know why you want to go into pharmacy and why their school.. And they also asked if I considered myself a leader with examples. They also asked a few situational type of questions. Wasn't hard at all.. Half of my interview was talking about my family, boating, and it really was like sitting there just having conversation with a friend. If you have an interview there don't be nervous at all. I had my interview on a Friday, got a call from them on Tuesday saying I was accepted.

South college interview was a great experience!!! They make you feel comfortable and welcome right from the time you walk in the door. There is an essay part to the interview which is one page and it is a situational question. Pretty easy... The interview itself was with two faculty members who were really nice! Make sure you know why you want to go into pharmacy and why their school.. And they also asked if I considered myself a leader with examples. They also asked a few situational type of questions. Wasn't hard at all.. Half of my interview was talking about my family, boating, and it really was like sitting there just having conversation with a friend. If you have an interview there don't be nervous at all. I had my interview on a Friday, got a call from them on Tuesday saying I was accepted.[/quot

Thats great!!! I hope to get an interview invite, I sent my supplemental application this past week, hopefully I hear from them soon, how long did it take to hear for a response from them? and congratts once again! :)

It was like a week later... South was so quick about everything!! Let me know of you hear from them soon!

Good luck Phramdream and nice talking to you. Judging just by your interest alone, you will do great.

Hi everyone I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. My interview was on January 24th and I got my acceptance on January 28th! This was truly one of the best interview experience I have had. There were a total of 8 students at the interview and the faculty and students were awesome...I was not stressed at all throughout the interview process. The essay was very easy and the interview was very straightforward. I'm looking forward to starting at South College School of Pharmacy in June.

CLASS OF 2017!!!

Hi everyone I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. My interview was on January 24th and I got my acceptance on January 28th! This was truly one of the best interview experience I have had. There were a total of 8 students at the interview and the faculty and students were awesome...I was not stressed at all throughout the interview process. The essay was very easy and the interview was very straightforward. I'm looking forward to starting at South College School of Pharmacy in June.

CLASS OF 2017!!!
I thought South University Tennessee was four years.. There's a South University located in Columbia SC and savannah GA that are three years but these two differ from the Tennessee school

CLASS OF 2017!!!
Congrattts! :) I was also accepted as well! :) ready for class of 2017! do you know if there is a facebook group for South College Class of 2017?

Reactions: 1 user
I applied really close to the application due date, and just received my interview invitation! Really excited. Any one else interviewing in late March? Interview tips? Also girls...what did you wear?

Ktayparks

Hey I also applied super close to the deadline and I was wondering how did they notify you about the interview? email, phone..??? also congrats and good luck on interview! :)

hello,

I interviewed on March 20 and was wondering if anyone else that interviewed close to that date have been accepted yet. Also will they send an email or give me a phone call if I am denied acceptance. Waiting for a decision is the hardest part.

hello,

I interviewed on March 20 and was wondering if anyone else that interviewed close to that date have been accepted yet. Also will they send an email or give me a phone call if I am denied acceptance. Waiting for a decision is the hardest part.

Hello there, they will likely call you to tell you their decision

Reactions: 1 user