Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

South Jersey Hurricane Sandy Volunteer Group

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Tunaman, 10.31.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am starting a volunteer group for atlantic county, NJ. As soon as they let people back on the island I would like to partake in rebuilding the local community. Anyone who lives within driving distance is asked to participate. I have already established contact with local government. I will have more information in the days to come. In the meantime, I am starting a list of potential volunteers. Show your support

In a PM, please include your name, number, and email address, days and times you would be available to assist. Some of you may choose to volunteer through your local govt or red cross, which I think would also be great, this is for those close enough to make the commute to atlantic county, NJ. Thank you and god bless.
  2. LoupeFiasco

LoupeFiasco

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Bump.

Great idea Tunaman, and I would be glad to take part if I were anywhere remotely close to NJ. Best of luck!
  3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    BUMP
    I am absolutely shocked at the lack of interest...at the very least, use this opportunity to polish your application if you're applying late this cycle or preparing for the next...people genuinely need our help
  4. wo5678

wo5678

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Where in south jersey? I would like to help but I live in manhattan.
  5. free99

free99

Dental Student
    I think it's less lack of interest and more lack of proximity.
  6. Tunaman

Tunaman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Plenty of people I know from the Northeast region flew down to help during Katrina, proximity shouldn't be an issue when talking about people helping people during this time of devastation. Any help would be appreciated...even if you want to gather canned goods and essentials to mail to area shelters and food banks.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal