South University (Entering 2014) Savannah Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CamRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this school.
Just got an interview invite for October 4th. Anyone else apply or get an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

congrats ...am happy for u. i applied to this sch but have not heard anything.
Do u wanna share ur stats?
goodluck

congrats ...am happy for u. i applied to this sch but have not heard anything.
Do u wanna share ur stats?
goodluck

Thanks
3.34 Science GPA
3.37 Non Science GPA
B.S. Biomedical Sciences minor Biomedical physics
2 years medical assistant exp
72 PCAT (took last year before orgo 2, Bio 2, Microbiology, Anatomy 1 and 2) lol

Members don't see this ad :)
thts awesome stats, i have no doubt in my mind u will get ur seat....just remain calm at the interview

sGPA 3.49
cGPA 3.38
pcat 52
still serviving on active duty
as a navy coprman...5yrs experience in
the medical field.
i will retake the pcat in nov

sGPA 3.49
cGPA 3.38
pcat 52
still serviving on active duty
as a navy coprman...5yrs experience in
the medical field.
i will retake the pcat in nov

Awesome man keep me updated when you get an interview. They gave me one just two days after they got my app from pharmcas. I got the interview even before I sent in my supplemental application lol

I also have an interview for South at the Savannah location. I was wondering if there are any students that currently attend/have attended South here in the discussion boards. I have heard a lot of negatives about the school and wanted to hear if anyone else had any thoughts on it.

I also have an interview for South at the Savannah location. I was wondering if there are any students that currently attend/have attended South here in the discussion boards. I have heard a lot of negatives about the school and wanted to hear if anyone else had any thoughts on it.

I'd like to hear from current students as well. Although I'm not too concerned with what I'm hearing. People are saying its hard, well it should be if its an accelerated program. I have heard negative things about every pharmacy school that I know of so I'd like to hear from some current students, not people who get rejected and then bash the school

Interview this Friday! Anyone else going?

I received the email that they recieved my application on 9/23 and are reviewing it. However, I haven't heard a word since. I'm getting worried. Though I'm very impatient by nature so I probably should relax. The suspense is killing me tho. Lol

Interview went well. Now it's a waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I'm currently part of the C/O 2016 and am happy to answer any questions if you guys have any. Good luck with interviews and application process! :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
As soon as anyone hears back from South U please let us know!

I had an interview on October 4th as well. I'm very anxious as to when this week we will be notified of our status.
I thought the interview was pretty laid back but now I'm more stressed than I was at the interview.

I had an interview on October 4th as well. I'm very anxious as to when this week we will be notified of our status.
I thought the interview was pretty laid back but now I'm more stressed than I was at the interview.

I thought for sure we'd know today. I guess not lol

I received an e-mail today saying that I have been deferred, meaning that I have been placed on their waiting list. You guys should hear back from them soon.

has anybody heard back from South yet? I had an interview on the 4th too, and I thought I would hear from them by now, but I haven't.

Nope I haven't heard back still refreshing my email nonstop lol

Nope nothing yet on my part. This is crazy

i'm so anxious to find out if i got in or not. how did everybody feel about the interviews?

Hey everyone I just spoke to someone and they said letters were sent to us so we should check our mail.

i'm so anxious to find out if i got in or not. how did everybody feel about the interviews?

I thought my interview went well. It wasn't as casual as I thought it was going to be. They kind of just fired of questions at me, like 9 or 10 questions. It was more casual at the very end and also when it was my turn to ask questions. My interviewer told me to go home and relax and that he "Wants me to go to South University" but im still super nervous LOL. I really liked the school and if I get accepted im going to go to South no doubt.

I thought my interview went well. It wasn't as casual as I thought it was going to be. They kind of just fired of questions at me, like 9 or 10 questions. It was more casual at the very end and also when it was my turn to ask questions. My interviewer told me to go home and relax and that he "Wants me to go to South University" but im still super nervous LOL. I really liked the school and if I get accepted im going to go to South no doubt.

My interview was very casual. I just feel like it went extremely fast and I was done rea;;y quick, but they acted like they reallly liked me.

My interview was very casual. I just feel like it went extremely fast and I was done rea;;y quick, but they acted like they reallly liked me.

Yea mine too. I was trying to ask more questions but got rushed out of the room by one of the staff members that was trying to keep things flowing LOL

Do you mean check our postal mail or email?

I just checked Snail mail and nothing yet. I just don't get it. Someone told me yesterday that she got an email from south telling her she was being deferred. Why wouldn't they keep in consistent with emailing everyone?

how are everybody's stats? mine are:

3.92 overall gpa
4.00 scinece gpa
2.5 years of hospital pharmacy experience
72 composite pcat

how are everybody's stats? mine are:

3.92 overall gpa
4.00 scinece gpa
2.5 years of hospital pharmacy experience
72 composite pcat

3.34 Science GPA
3.37 Non Science GPA
B.S. Biomedical Science minor in Biomedical Physics
2 years medical Assistant experience
72 composite PCAT

Well I guess if they are only doing postal then anyone who hasn't heard from them probably got in. I don't think most schools send postal mail for denials or wait list. They probably send emails for that. Plus someone DID get an email from them saying they got deferred.

Congrats mannnn :) I'm so happy I will def be attending South

i will definately be attending there too. south is my #1 school since its a 3 year program and only 2 hours from home. now we just got to prepare for a fast paced 3 years.

Does anyone know how or by when we are supposed to send in the 1000 dollar deposit?

Does anyone know how or by when we are supposed to send in the 1000 dollar deposit?

You typically get two weeks.. But check the pharmcas directory then click on South U

I'd like to hear from current students as well. Although I'm not too concerned with what I'm hearing. People are saying its hard, well it should be if its an accelerated program. I have heard negative things about every pharmacy school that I know of so I'd like to hear from some current students, not people who get rejected and then bash the school
Hey everyone! I am currently attending South (c/o 2016) on the Columbia campus. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

Last edited:

I think the official acceptance letter that we are supposed to get in the mail has the instructions on how to pay the $1000 deposit, but I havent't received mine yet. Has anybody got there letter in the mail yet?:confused:

I received an e-mail today saying that I have been deferred, meaning that I have been placed on their waiting list. You guys should hear back from them soon.

at least you were interviewed! and definitely not denied. What are your stats if you don't mind.

During the interview, did they say they are at capacity as of yet? or how is the look out for everyone else? i have to retake the pcat nov 8 and i want to put my app in asap after i get my unofficial score!

During the interview, did they say they are at capacity as of yet? or how is the look out for everyone else? i have to retake the pcat nov 8 and i want to put my app in asap after i get my unofficial score!

I doubt they are at capacity already. I believe they take 100 students a year. From what I know around 15 people are already in from the first interview. I'm not sure how many interview sessions they've had since October 4th.

How do you guys prepare for the writing assignment and questions for interview at South University of GA-Savannah campus? What are the typical questions for the writing assignment?

Reactions: 1 user