South University (Entering 2014) Savannah Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DELETED

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just got an interview invite! I haven't completed the application yet, but I will be declining the interview. Hopefully someone gets my spot :)

How do you guys prepare for the writing assignment and questions for interview at South University of GA-Savannah campus? What are the typical questions for the writing assignment?

Personally, I didn't prepare as much because the school's goal is to get to know you. The essay and math assignment is standard, meaning as long as you can reply with a valid argument in a essay format then you'll be fine. For more details there's a forum on SDN that actually gives similar questions and topics they will ask. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite! I haven't completed the application yet, but I will be declining the interview. Hopefully someone gets my spot :)

how'd you get an interview and you havent finished the app?? thats crazy awesome!

Will yall post stats? i'm taking the pcat next week and i hope to do well.. i would REALLY love to attend South!!!

Will yall post stats? i'm taking the pcat next week and i hope to do well.. i would REALLY love to attend South!!!

3.37 science GPA
3.34 Non Science GPA
72 PCAT
2 years medical assistant Experience.
B.S. Biomedical Science minor biomedical Physics

Got accepted to south and sent deposit. Can't wait to attend.

3.92 Overall GPA
4.00 Science GPA
72 PCAT
2.5 years of hospital pharmacy experience

I also got accepted and already sent in my deposit. I'm really excited aboout attending South. It's a really nice school.

Has anyone received their "Welcome Packet" yet? If not, when it does come may you please let us know. Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Hello y'all. I interviewed at the Savannah campus on Nov 15th and I received an acceptance email yesterday. I'm very excited. Is anyone looking for a roommate? That will help reduce cost significantly.

Hello y'all. I interviewed at the Savannah campus on Nov 15th and I received an acceptance email yesterday. I'm very excited. Is anyone looking for a roommate? That will help reduce cost significantly.

November 15th hasn't even come to pass yet and you've already been accepted

November 15th hasn't even come to pass yet and you've already been accepted
Lol. My mistake. Thanks for the correction. It was last friday the 1st. I have another interview to go to on the 15th, hence the error.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how the interview selection process works? How do they determine who to invite for interviews? Is there a review committee? How often do they meet? Is there a certain day of the week they send out invite emails? Just trying to understand the proess and timing.
Thanks

Hey everyone! I interviewed at Columbia campus Nov 1, got acceptance email on Nov 7, and have sent in my deposit! Anyone else attending Columbia campus?

Does anybody know how the interview selection process works? How do they determine who to invite for interviews? Is there a review committee? How often do they meet? Is there a certain day of the week they send out invite emails? Just trying to understand the proess and timing.
Thanks

Hey, as far as I can tell the admissions committee seems to meet on Thursdays to make decisions and send emails shortly thereafter, as I received my invite for invitation on Oct 4 (Friday), which was to be on Nov 1 (Friday). At the interview we were told that we would have an answer (Accepted, Deffered, or Denied) within 10 days. The next thursday I received my acceptance. I think that at South there is a strong emphasis on experience in the field as well as the academic portion of the application. The committee consists of several professors or deans that vote on your interview invite and acceptance. Hope that helps!

I have been offered admission into my number 1 school. That means I'll be declining my admission offer at south. I really liked the 3 year program but the cost of relocation and the cost of tuition would be overwhelming for me. I hope someone here gets my spot. Good luck.

Hey, as far as I can tell the admissions committee seems to meet on Thursdays to make decisions and send emails shortly thereafter, as I received my invite for invitation on Oct 4 (Friday), which was to be on Nov 1 (Friday). At the interview we were told that we would have an answer (Accepted, Deffered, or Denied) within 10 days. The next thursday I received my acceptance. I think that at South there is a strong emphasis on experience in the field as well as the academic portion of the application. The committee consists of several professors or deans that vote on your interview invite and acceptance. Hope that helps!

do you know if they are still interviewing throughout the rest of the year? how often do they interview per month? and if the seats are close to capacity? thanks!

do you know if they are still interviewing throughout the rest of the year? how often do they interview per month? and if the seats are close to capacity? thanks!

They are definitely still interviewing! Which campus are you applying to? The savannah campus had interviews in october and november, columbia had 2 in november. They usually hold one interview session a month, usually on the first friday of the month. They are not interviewing in december because they will be doing final exams, they are resuming interviews in January. The seats are NOT close to capacity so there is still plenty of time and plenty of hope!

I believe there is 23 seats filled. With 100 capacity. That's what he current roster says

I believe there is 23 seats filled. With 100 capacity. That's what he current roster says
Yes! 23 in the savannah campus and only 5 at columbia. I personally know two of the 5 at columbia are interviewing elsewhere as well, so the number of seats taken isn't accurate this early in the cycle. Camrx, are you on the ℅ 2017 FB page?

Yes! 23 in the savannah campus and only 5 at columbia. I personally know two of the 5 at columbia are interviewing elsewhere as well, so the number of seats taken isn't accurate this early in the cycle. Camrx, are you on the ℅ 2017 FB page?

Yes I am ill inbox you

thank you both for replying! i most certainly hope there are still seats!!!! fingers crossed! i really want to attend the Savannah campus.

Interviewed Dec 6 and got my acceptance email today!! Anyone else??

Interviewed Dec 6 and got my acceptance email today!! Anyone else??

congrats!!!! do you know how many seats are left possibly? how was the interview? what are your stats if you dont mind me asking... thanks!

congrats!!!! do you know how many seats are left possibly? how was the interview? what are your stats if you dont mind me asking... thanks!

Sorry I don't know how many seats are left! The interview wasn't bad at all. It was a long day, but I learned a lot about the school and got to meet a lot of current students and faculty members.

My composite PCAT is a 77, my cumulative GPA is around a 3.4 and my science GPA is a 3.3
I'm also getting a degree in Nutritional Sciences.

How do you guys prepare for the writing assignment and questions for interview at South University of GA-Savannah campus? What are the typical questions for the writing assignment?

Hey! I googled "prep questions for pharmacy school interview" and came up with a PDF of questions. I didn't get asked any questions that weren't on that list. Obviously be prepared for the usual: How would you react to a cheating class mate, how do you respond to failure (and be able to give an example). I know that at the Sav campus there is an interviewer who likes to ask things like "if you could be any tree which would you be" and "if you could be any animal which would you be" So think about that and try to come up with something that doesn't sound super rehearsed but also has a medical application. The writing assignment is super easy, you don't need to prep for that. Just make sure you can form sentences and paragraphs under pressure and in 20 - 30 minutes.

Hi,
I went to the Columbia campus interview Friday, January 10th. Waiting to hear back from them. I hope to hear from them soon. The staff, students, and professors there are all very outgoing and laid back. I graduated from a small university, so it felt like home to me. Good luck to everyone.

Did they send you an e-mail for your acceptance or did they call you?

Did they send you an e-mail for your acceptance or did they call you?

Hey! First of all congrats on getting an interview! I'm sure you did great! I did not get a phone call, which surprised me because they said they would 100% call to offer acceptance. None of the other people that interviewed with my group that got in got a call, we all got emails about 7-10 days after the interview. Who did you have your "one on one"( really two on one lol) interview with?

Hey! First of all congrats on getting an interview! I'm sure you did great! I did not get a phone call, which surprised me because they said they would 100% call to offer acceptance. None of the other people that interviewed with my group that got in got a call, we all got emails about 7-10 days after the interview. Who did you have your "one on one"( really two on one lol) interview with?

Thanks for the encouragement. Wow, so you didn't get a call. Well, at least I know now to keep an eye on my e-mail more then to expect a phone call. They told us that, if we were offered an acceptance, they would call first to congratulate, followed by an e-mail and acceptance packet. Thanks for the tip. I'm really hoping to hear from them soon. As for the two professors that interviewed me, they were Dr. Stroman and Dr. Bradshaw. They were very laid back and sincere. Who did you get interviewed by?

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement. Wow, so you didn't get a call. Well, at least I know now to keep an eye on my e-mail more then to expect a phone call. They told us that, if we were offered an acceptance, they would call first to congratulate, followed by an e-mail and acceptance packet. Thanks for the tip. I'm really hoping to hear from them soon. As for the two professors that interviewed me, they were Dr. Stroman and Dr. Browning (I may have that 2nd professor name wrong, I'm away from my packet I got on the interview.) They were very laid back and sincere. Who did you get interviewed by?

No problem! And yeah I would keep an eye on the email. 3 of us got in from my round and none of us got a call. One girl didn't know she was in until the week after we got the emails because she didn't check it lol I interviewed with Dr. Lingle and Dr. Shirer, both really nice and down to earth.

Hi! I have an interview with South in Savannah on Friday, February 7, 2014. Is there anyone reading this who will also be interviewing that day? Also, does anyone else have any comments/tips about the interview? Does anyone know how my chances compare to those who interviewed earlier? I'd appreciate anyone's response!

This is a great place to stay that is nice, very close to the school, and is well priced: http://www.oglethorpeinn.com/

They have a King Suite that includes a sitting room, fridge, free breakfast, and free parking for $69

If anyone has any questions -- feel free to message me.

Hey all! Latest version of the class of 2017 has been posted. There are currently 13 students for Columbia and 43 for Savannah. To my knowledge this list only includes students who have paid the deposit to guarantee a seat, some of theses students are still waiting for other offers so do not give up hope!

Thanks for the encouragement. Wow, so you didn't get a call. Well, at least I know now to keep an eye on my e-mail more then to expect a phone call. They told us that, if we were offered an acceptance, they would call first to congratulate, followed by an e-mail and acceptance packet. Thanks for the tip. I'm really hoping to hear from them soon. As for the two professors that interviewed me, they were Dr. Stroman and Dr. Bradshaw. They were very laid back and sincere. Who did you get interviewed by?

Any day now! What were your stats?

South emailed me yesterday. (Exactly 7 days from my interview) I'm on the waiting list. So, yeah…bummers. But, better then a rejection. My stats...BS-Chemistry, 8 years experience in the Pharmacy, GPA 3.1

Hey everyone! I am currently attending South (c/o 2016) on the Columbia campus. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

Hey I have a couple questions if you or anyone else who is a current student wouldn't mind answering them?

1. Overall, how do you like the school? Reviews make it seem like the school isn't too concerned with its students and their success but I didn't know how true that was.
2. Are there a lot of programs offered by the school that allow you to get more experience in the field? Like an international program or even interstate mission trips? Do they give you options for quality rotations that you want to go work at?
3. What's the campus size roughly? Does it have amenities like a gym, pool, basketball court, tennis court, etc.?
4. What would you say is the average rate you pay per month in terms of living cost?
5. How are the quality of the professors? Are they approachable? Are they willing to give advice to students and take them on their research teams? Are they more focused on research or teaching?
6. Does learning from professors not in the same classroom (via teleconferencing) impact your learning at all? Was it difficult to get used to or do you feel like there is no difference?
7. Have classmates that graduated before you easily been able to find jobs? Are you confident that your degree from South U will land you a job right out of school? ANd what job placement programs does the school have?

Thanks in advance. I was accepted to Campbell University just yesterday and my South University-Columbia campus interview is set for Feb. 7th so I'm trying to decide between the two programs currently. Appreciate the help!

South emailed me yesterday. (Exactly 7 days from my interview) I'm on the waiting list. So, yeah…bummers. But, better then a rejection. My stats...BS-Chemistry, 8 years experience in the Pharmacy, GPA 3.1

Hey! Deferred is not rejected so just keep your head up!

Hey! Deferred is not rejected so just keep your head up!
I just got accepted to Presbyterian College today, so I'm taking their offer. Good luck to you and your class 2017.

Is anyone else interviewing at the Savannah campus on Friday, February 7th?

I applied back in October and haven't heard anything. I did receive an email that my file was complete. I'm just curious why I haven't gotten a rejection if that's the case. Anyone know how their process works?

I applied back in October and haven't heard anything. I did receive an email that my file was complete. I'm just curious why I haven't gotten a rejection if that's the case. Anyone know how their process works?

I would call the admissions office to check in on your application. They would be able to answer any questions you may have.

I will be there on the 7th! kind of bummed its so late in the cycle though. I'm still super excited south has been one of my top choices

Last edited:
I was accepted to South's Savannah Campus way back in October during the first group of interviews, and I will be starting there with everybody else in June. I was just wondering if anybody else had received their welcome packets yet, or if anyone had heard anything about them. Please let me know if anybody has heard anything, because I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

I was accepted to South's Savannah Campus way back in October during the first group of interviews, and I will be starting there with everybody else in June. I was just wondering if anybody else had received their welcome packets yet, or if anyone had heard anything about them. Please let me know if anybody has heard anything, because I haven't received anything yet. Thanks.

According to the Facebook group, Rachel said they are behind and should have it out soon. I'm guessing by the end of February at least.

Just got an invite to interview March 7th... Anyone else interviewing this day?