Southwestern Oklahoma State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SirRichardPryor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen many topics on this university so I thought I'd create one.

I went there for 2 and a half years and it was, in a way, the biggest mistake but best choice I ever made. I applied after Teesan left and had Schultz as an admissions counsler. They are very particular in who they select and because they are they really miss out. I'm from Fort Worth, TX and because I was an out of stater but did my pre-pharm at SWOSU they said I would be looked at during the second round. Here were my stats:

3.91 GPA
4.00 science GPA
91 on PCAT
1 year as a pharmacy tech

I didn't get offered an interview but I did get accepted to OU College of Pharmacy and UTexas. I decided to go to UT and be a longhorn but I really wish I went to SWOSU but for some reason I was good enough to get in at Austin but not in a small western oklahoman town.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't seen many topics on this university so I thought I'd create one.

I went there for 2 and a half years and it was, in a way, the biggest mistake but best choice I ever made. I applied after Teesan left and had Schultz as an admissions counsler. They are very particular in who they select and because they are they really miss out. I'm from Fort Worth, TX and because I was an out of stater but did my pre-pharm at SWOSU they said I would be looked at during the second round. Here were my stats:

3.91 GPA
4.00 science GPA
91 on PCAT
1 year as a pharmacy tech

I didn't get offered an interview but I did get accepted to OU College of Pharmacy and UTexas. I decided to go to UT and be a longhorn but I really wish I went to SWOSU but for some reason I was good enough to get in at Austin but not in a small western oklahoman town.

I am also from DFW and did not attend SWOSU yet I still received an interview. My GPA and PCAT were slightly lower than yours but had more experience. Call and find out why you didn't receive an interview if it is bothering you.