specialization in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NATA2301

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

I'm on my last year for getting my DMD,
I really interesting to specialize in maxillofacial oral surgery in the US,
what do I need to do for this?
Is it too hard to get into specialization?
and is there a different to get into specialization program with or without residence? (I mean, if I only want to specialize in the US and after that to work in my country, it is easier?)

Thank you very much,

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I too am interested to know the reply for this one.

Hello, As far as I know Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in US only accepting U.S citizen or permanent resident. The only way international dentist to get in is obtaining permanent resident first :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. and what about other specializations?

Hello, As far as I know Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in US only accepting U.S citizen or permanent resident. The only way international dentist to get in is obtaining permanent resident first :)
Are u sure Abt that? Abt being a PR first? I didn't see that written on any f the websites..

It is not imp to be a PR first. Your CV has to be strong

Hi All,
I can vouch for the fact that it IS POSSIBLE! because by God's grace, I was lucky enough to get exactly that! Just have good grades, loads of externships, research, and strong letters of recs. Its hard, but if it wasn't, whats would be the use of persevering for it :) if you have any more questions, please do visit my blog and feel free to post any questions you may have. All the best.

Here is the link..

https://internationaldds.blogspot.com

Are u sure Abt that? Abt being a PR first? I didn't see that written on any f the websites..

BTW, you CANNOT go by what the website says, you have to call/email each and every Prog Director of the program you are interested in.

BTW, you CANNOT go by what the website says, you have to call/email each and every Prog Director of the program you are interested in.
thanks. im applying for dds now.. i guess i have a few years to worry about all this but its nice to know in advance! :D ii shall do that when the time comes!

thanks. im applying for dds now.. i guess i have a few years to worry about all this but its nice to know in advance! :D ii shall do that when the time comes!

Sure, no prob, one step at a time..All the best!