Specifics on MCAT Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockafella12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been a while. I searched for some similar posts, but I have some specific questions. Please humor me with this :laugh:

I am starting the Kaplan Course on the 22nd. It will last until the 22nd of June, and I am registered for the 21st of June. This give me exactly three months to study. I do well with a very rigid written schedule. I am in my senior year, and my courses are really easy given that I'm studying abroad. If I study 40 hours a week, that'll give me 360 hours total study time before the exam. I tanked the exam I took last fall, and scrapped an app cycle because of it. Horribly embarrassing but the score is done. 22S. The upside is that I did literally no studying, due to work and school obligations. Now that my EC's and GPA are good, I need to bang out a solid MCAT score. I think 30 would secure me a position at most med schools that I would realistically apply to.

Anyway, 360 hours of intense study with Kaplan Online course and all the EK material. This is with 15 hours of easy general education credits. My question is: Is this a realistic goal? Please feel free to ask any questions that you all may believe to clarify the advice you're giving...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, been a while. I searched for some similar posts, but I have some specific questions. Please humor me with this :laugh:

I am starting the Kaplan Course on the 22nd. It will last until the 22nd of June, and I am registered for the 21st of June. This give me exactly three months to study. I do well with a very rigid written schedule. I am in my senior year, and my courses are really easy given that I'm studying abroad. If I study 40 hours a week, that'll give me 360 hours total study time before the exam. I tanked the exam I took last fall, and scrapped an app cycle because of it. Horribly embarrassing but the score is done. 22S. The upside is that I did literally no studying, due to work and school obligations. Now that my EC's and GPA are good, I need to bang out a solid MCAT score. I think 30 would secure me a position at most med schools that I would realistically apply to.

Anyway, 360 hours of intense study with Kaplan Online course and all the EK material. This is with 15 hours of easy general education credits. My question is: Is this a realistic goal? Please feel free to ask any questions that you all may believe to clarify the advice you're giving...

Thanks!

Is 6 hours per day with 15 hours of easy general ed credits a realistic goal? Yes.