Speech-Language Path Pre-reqs coming from BS in Psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissPickles

in flux
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am interested in finding out how to go from my bachelors degree in psychology to SLP. I live in Michigan, and I am finding out that all of the schools that offer SLP require a bunch of pre-req courses. I have no problem with taking pre-reqs, the only issue is how to pay for them. Do you have any ideas? Are there any partially online or Master's entry level programs?
thank you so much,
Lindsay

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Miss Pickles,

I am in the same boat as you (I am graduating with a B.S in Psychology this December :D) and am applying to two SLP master's programs in the fall. I looked at all of the schools in my state that were accredited by the american speech language hearing association. http://www.asha.org/students/academic/EdFind/

That's the link that I used to search for the programs. I was lucky enough that two/five of the programs accept students without the prereqs (you take them your first year in the program and it adds an extra year to your degree). I would look there and research every program and make sure that they don't accept students without the pre reqs.

As far as paying for pre reqs I have no advice there, sorry.

I also wouldn't attend an online program, but that's just me.

Hope I was able to help.

-Stroop