Sports Med In-training exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rocco Reed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone got any advise on what to use as study aid? there are very few MCQ's on the AAFP website and no SAM module?

what text book are you guys using for your curriculum?

for the FP inservice id just do the AAFP questions n do fine on the actual inservice.

please do give some tips if you have any as it would be greatly appreciated guys

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a current fellow? Have you asked the people who were fellows last year or your director? I didn't study too much for the ITE's, but I used these resources when studying for the CAQ.

Old ITE's (study the pre-ITE you took in July!)
Old FM ITE's - they tend to have basic MSK questions which are basic, but still good.
AMSSM Sports Medicine CAQ Study Guide
Questions form ACSM Sports Medicine: A comprehensive Review
Orthobullets.com
ACSM/AMSSM position statements

I also did the AAFP Practical Advances in Musculoskeletal and Sports Care Self Study CME. It was good knowledge, but in terms of cramming I personally prefer question banks.
For quick reading the AFP by Topic has a section for musculoskeletal care and posts all the MSK/SM articles published in the AFP

Hope that helps!

Thanks for advise! I did ask but a lot of faculty haven't taken exam in years and aren't sure n last years fellow still hasn't taken? I just wanna get it over with CAQ that is.