Spreadsheet for Med Schools Accepting OLD MCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you sure about that for the AAMC chart? I was confused about the dates too, but if you go on the AMCAS site on the top right corner, it says the 2015 AMCAS application (the current one) is for people who will matriculate/start med school in 2015. So on the AAMC chart here, https://www.aamc.org/students/download/398586/data/mcatexampolicy.pdf, I'm assuming that the first column (says "2016 AMCAS application cycle") is for students applying in June 2015 (which is what I plan to do) and hopefully starting med school the following year in 2016. Please correct me if I'm mistaken! I'm taking the MCAT in January 2015 and this whole concept is such a hassle at this point.
I think you're right. At least that's how I read it. And of course there's subscript at the bottom that the schools may change their policies in the future blegh. I really hope they don't! I'm already forsaking the opportunity to go to my state school by applying a year late haha

Members don't see this ad.

University of Washington
Re: 2014 Scores not accepted for 2017 cycle

Dear,

Thank you for contacting the University of Washington School of Medicine.

We will not be accepting MCAT scores outside of three calendar years up to the academic year in which the applicant will enter the School of Medicine. In order to be admitted to the class of 2018, the exam would need to be dated to 2015, 2016, and 2017. This is a policy around the calendar year rather than any sort of changes to the MCAT exam.

Furthermore, for the admissions process, having the most recent exam score be close to expiration are likely to raise questions among the members of the admissions committee.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to contact us again with any further questions. More information is always available atUW School of Medicine Admissions | UW Medicine.

Best Wishes,

Daniel Ahn, M.P.A.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA

"Medical College Admission Test: It is recommended that all candidates take the Medical College Admission Test in the spring, but it must be taken not later than September of the year preceding admission to the School of Medicine. If more than one MCAT was taken, all the test grades must be included when making application.

The test must be repeated if, at the time of application, more than three years have elapsed since it was taken. Beginning with the 2016 application year DGSOM will accept both the old MCAT and the 2015 MCAT. After January 2018 (when the old MCAT reaches expiration) only the 2015 MCAT will be acceptable."

Admission Procedure - David Geffen School of Medicine - Los Angeles, CA

George Washington
(By "2018 cycle" do they mean this application cycle? I thought this was the 2017 application cycle for applicants to matriculate in 2018... I guess I was using the wrong definitions?)

Minimum Eligibility & Recommendations for the 2018 Cycle
  • Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen at the time of application. If you are not in one of these categories, you must apply to the International Medicine Program.
  • Receipt of an undergraduate bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university is required prior to matriculation. Online coursework or transfer coursework from foreign schools is not acceptable.
  • MCAT exam scores are required, regardless of the version, and must be completed between April 2015 and September 30, 2017.

Georgetown (does not accept 2014 MCATs)

Dear,

The MCATs we will accept for the 2018 application cycle are dated from January 1, 2015 until September 9, 2017. No other exceptions can be made.

Best,
Dean Houle

Brown

via email
"January 2015 is a strict cut off for MCAT scores for the 2018 cycle."