Spring Grades and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedHopeful09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason, the thought of the upcoming spring semester caused me to think about whether or not I want to submit my AMCAS with my spring grades. That led to a spiral down the SDN rabbit hole and I'm even more conflicted than before.

I'm currently a post-bac student (taking only upper div bio courses). With a stellar spring semester, my cgpa would not change much, but my sgpa would increase 0.06. Currently, SGPA (3.4+) and CGPA (3.5+). My post bac gpa would then be 3.8+ with almost 40 units.

I want med schools to obviously see the highest GPA I can achieve, but don't know if the cost of being verified a month later is worth it since grades won't come out until mid-June.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Members don't see this ad.

The premed advising group at my school always tells us to wait for our spring grades (which also come out mid-June), which nearly everyone does. Submitting a week later than opening day will not severely hurt your chances. You should still be verified by early July and as long as you turn your secondaries around quickly, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Try your best to submit as early as possible and as WedgeDawg mentioned within a week of opening up. You don't want to push that any later than a week. Apply early: the best words of advice I can give and that which should be followed religiously. This is not an application you want to do more than once in your life