General Admissions & OTCAS Springfield College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePediatricOT1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything back from Springfield College?

Members don't see this ad.

I received this email on November 19th...
"This is to inform you that the application you submitted to us for entry into the graduate program is now complete and will be given to the admissions committee for review. Please allow for a full review of materials submitted which may take six to eight weeks to complete. A formal letter of decision will be mailed to you. Thank you for your interest in Springfield College.”

That’s all I’ve heard so far...

I started an application there, but decided not to apply and I got an email from them saying they already filled their OT program for fall of 2014? So thats weird you didn't hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same message as Katie526 but it was in January since I mailed the rest of my application in December. I was wondering if anybody knows how many people they accept into their program?

Has anyone heard anything back from Springfield College?

Received this letter on 11/27: "This is to inform you that the application you submitted to us for entry into the graduate program is now complete and will be given to the admissions committee for review. Please allow for a full review of materials submitted which may take six to eight weeks to complete. A formal letter of decision will be mailed to you"

Just saw this thread…I received an acceptance letter from Springfield College on Feb. 11th.

So do they just not tell you if you didn’t get accepted? Has anyone contacted them?

Just emailed and immediately got this email back...

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you for your email, I know it is very hard waiting! Dr. Post is still in the process of reviewing applications and as she makes decisions, they are brought over to Graduate Admissions, who then sends out a decision letter. So, decision letters go out on an ongoing basis. Hope that helps a little!

So it’s not over yet...

i applied there last year, it was the last school i heard back from. probably late march early april

Hello, I just logged into their website with the username and password they mailed to me and checked under the My admissions section. It states:
Status
You have been at the Accepted stage since 03/12/2014.
So i'm assuming I was accepted, haven't received anything in the mail yet.

Last edited:
Hello, I just logged into their website with the username and password they mailed to me and checked under the My admissions section. It states:
Status
You have been at the Accepted stage since 03/12/2014.
So i'm assuming I was accepted, haven't received anything in the mail yet.
If you got accepted, congrats!!
When did they email you a username and password?

If you got accepted, congrats!!
When did they email you a username and password?
Thank you. I finally received the acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. They mailed me my username and password back in January after I applied.

So it came in the mail, not an email? I need to go check my OT folder!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you find your admission status?

I found my username and password, but I don’t know where to go on pridenet...

I found my username and password, but I don’t know where to go on pridenet...
-Go to admissions at the top
-Look on the left side where it says My Admissions, select that one
-Then click on Admissions Status

This is so weird... it doesn’t show that for me. Under admissions it says...
- home
- apply online
Quick links
- spring college main link
-college directory
-ect.

Admissions at the top of the screen. Under PrideNET logo
Then it should say
HOME
-apply online
-welcome
MY ADMISSIONS

Ladies, I was wondering if you could verify this for me. I been told that last year they gave up most of the spot to Springfield College undergrad students and only had 10 open spots for everyone else to apply for. I hope this isn't true. I read it in another discussion group.

@Smilez1219 @AL1114 Do you both mind posting your stats? I am just wondering the average stats they're accepting

University: University of Maryland

Major: Biology

Overall GPA- Undergraduate Transcript from graduating college: 3.13
Pre-req: 3.30-3.45 depending on the schools req.
OTCAS calculations:
Total Undergraduate 2.8
Post-BS/BA Baccalaureate 3.39
Cumulative Undergraduate 2.93

(OTCAS calculates an average for a repeated class so your correct gpa is not truly reflected in OTCAS calculations. I had the admissions office at the school calculate it and it was over 2.93)

GRE: V:143 Q: 137 Writing: 3.0

Extra-Curric:
Rehabilitation Volunteer, Meals-on-Wheels Volunteer, All American Summer Track Camp Assistant, National Zoo Keeper Aide, Cat Caretaker Volunteer, Biology Society, Youth Mentor

-Chiropractic Assistant for 3 yrs

OT observation hrs-50+ (elementary school, pediatric clinic, home health care)

Applied: D'youville, Towson, Howard University, University of the Science, Springfield College, Alabama State
Rejections: D'youville, Towson, University of Science: Program had reached capacity
Interviews: Howard University, Alabama State (declined)
Accepted: Howard University, Springfield College
Currently attending Howard

Verified OTCAS- end of Jan

Ladies, I was wondering if you could verify this for me. I been told that last year they gave up most of the spot to Springfield College undergrad students and only had 10 open spots for everyone else to apply for. I hope this isn't true. I read it in another discussion group.

I'm not sure because I decided not to go to that school but my stats were low and I got accepted so i don't know how true that is. I'm sure there were people with higher stats that would have been accepted before me if there were only 10 open spots...don't be too worried

Thanks for the advice Smilez1219. How long did it take them to contact you? Was there an interview? If so do you remember when it was?

Thanks for the advice Smilez1219. How long did it take them to contact you? Was there an interview? If so do you remember when it was?
I want to say about 3 months and it was posted on the website when I logged in to my account before I actually received the letter in the mail... And no, there wasn't an interview

@Smilez1219 Did you send in any pre-req forms or have to apply to Springfield's graduate school? Their website is a little unclear about it. Thanks for your help!

I applied to the graduate school and there is a checklist you should follow to make sure you submit the correct information. There is a pre-requisite worksheet that you have to fill out as well as a experience/resume worksheet and a recommendation form. @tcunnin7

*Last year, the admission process was not through OTCAS

Last edited:
I called Springfield earlier today and they told me that everything is done through OTCAS this year. No addition supplements or anything was required. Additionally they said that they are behind in reviewing all applications and hope to send out notices in mid-Feb. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I called Springfield earlier today and they told me that everything is done through OTCAS this year. No addition supplements or anything was required. Additionally they said that they are behind in reviewing all applications and hope to send out notices in mid-Feb. Good luck to everyone!
Does that mean no additional payment either?

I'm not sure because I decided not to go to that school but my stats were low and I got accepted so i don't know how true that is. I'm sure there were people with higher stats that would have been accepted before me if there were only 10 open spots...don't be too worried
Hello my name is Justin Hadley. I'm currently applying to Howard University and Springfield college and I have similar stats that you have. Do you have any tips for the interview process if I ever receive one? Thank you