Program-Specific Info / Q's Springfield College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from this school? I applied in November and have yet to hear anything back from them - not even an email stating that they have received my application materials.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything from this school? I applied in November and have yet to hear anything back from them - not even an email stating that they have received my application materials.

I haven't heard anything as well...not even that they received my application..

Okay well that's good to know, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to springfield too and also haven't heard anything yet.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Same here. I was wondering when I would hear something.

I haven't heard anything either. I applied last year and they didn't start sending out decisions till the end of February. I heard they accept a majority of their undergrad students so apparently there are only like 10 spots open for outside applicants

That worries me....just 10 spots! That's awful. If I knew I wouldn't have wasted money applying. Hopefully, you are wrong. Who did you hear it from?

Has anyone contacted the school and asked when we would hear anything from them? I am planning to do so on Monday but I would like to know if anyone has any information first.

Reactions: 1 user
No, I haven't contacted them! Still haven't heard any new info either.

I was planning on contacting them soon too. Let me know what they say to you!

So I just called and spoke to Diane and she said the admissions committee is reviewing applications now and that we should hear some correspondence if you have passed the first phase by the end of January. Not sure what she meant by "phase" though. She says that's all she knows at the moment.

Springfield is my first choice so am getting a bit nervous. Has anyone heard back from them yet? I am also curious what she meant by "phase." Especially considering they don't do interviews. Good luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Springfield isn't even my first choice, and I'm still nervous! The north is getting slammed with snow though, so I think that's partially what's delaying the process. I consider mid-feb to mean either next week or the week after. (fingers crossed for next week!) The mention of "phase" also made me wonder...:eyebrow:

It just means you have passed their first round of applicant reviews. Like they check to see that you first meet all of their requirements, if you did, you pass the first phase. Then they move on to the next phase and narrow down the pool even more. Idk exactly how they do it but this is what other schools do too. I am curious to hear from them. I emailed them yesterday and have not gotten an answer yet.

Springfield is my first choice so am getting a bit nervous. Has anyone heard back from them yet? I am also curious what she meant by "phase." Especially considering they don't do interviews. Good luck everyone! :)
I emailed them yesterday and told me decisions would be sent out in mid-march due to their high number of applicants this year. They mentioned that there were over 500. Good luck to you all!

Oh no...over 500!? o_O Thank you for the update though. Any idea how many students they typically accept?

I haven't heard anything yet. According to my family in CT though, MA is currently under about 5 ft. of snow, so I imagine they're still behind schedule with reviewing apps. More waiting, WOO! >.<

I applied to this school as well, they never even replied to my email months after sending my application.

I called they said, that we should expect to hear from them the end of this month if not early next month.

Do you think they meant over 500 graduate admissions applications? My friend applied to a different program at springfield and they told her the same thing but I'm pretty sure they didn't receive 500 for that program.

Most OT programs I applied to receive around 200+ to 1,000 applicants. I won't be surprise if there are 500 applicants.

I got an email on 2/19 saying I did not meet their minimum requirements, so I'm assuming this is their "first phase". I am really confused because I do meet all the requirements they listed, just wondering if this happened to anyone else? I certainly would not have spent money applying if I didn't! I called admissions and I was also told that there were over 500 applicants for only 30 spots (for OT specifically I believe).

I got an email on 2/19 saying I did not meet their minimum requirements, so I'm assuming this is their "first phase". I am really confused because I do meet all the requirements they listed, just wondering if this happened to anyone else? I certainly would not have spent money applying if I didn't! I called admissions and I was also told that there were over 500 applicants for only 30 spots (for OT specifically I believe).

Hey RunnerGirl27, I receive the same email and was confused as well because I exceeded all the requirements. I emailed the admission counselor and never got a reply. smh

I called they said, that we should expect to hear from them the end of this month if not early next month.
I wonder if that is only in reference to the first phases or acceptances too. I thought I heard if you moved on into the next phase you have to pay an app fee

@SheLovesOT , when I called to ask about it, the lady I talked to seemed very annoyed by my question. I explained that I would like to know in case I would be interested in reapplying next cycle & she said she understood & they would probably get back to me today or tomorrow (I called last Friday). But I have not heard yet. Also my app was verified mid-November @4EverAJerseyGirl

Hey RunnerGirl27, I receive the same email and was confused as well because I exceeded all the requirements. I emailed the admission counselor and never got a reply. smh

I had received the same email! My undergraduate GPA is a 3.36 (OTCAS calculation) and my Pre-req GPA is a 3.6 for springfield so I was extremely confused too. I called on Thursday and left a message with graduate admissions and no one called me back. On friday I called again and they asked me a few questions regarding my GPA to confirm it was over a 3.0 and then they told me the person I needed to speak with wasn't in and would call me back on Monday. I still haven't heard anything though.. I was planning on calling tomorrow if they don't call me today.

@Heatheraburke Yes I am in the same boat as you: 3.31 undergrad GPA & ~3.67 pre-req for Springfield (& I am currently taking abnormal psych, which is stated on my app). I did not get a call today from them. Let me know if they get back to you, I will probably call Wednesday if I don't hear by then. If I am not a competitive applicant, that is okay I would just rather have them say that instead of telling me I don't meet the minimum requirements when I do! The only thing I could think of is that maybe because some of my pre-req classes had different names than what Springfield stated they didn't think I met the requirements? My English comp class was called 'Academic Writing I' & Child Development I took as Child Psych, but I didn't think those would be issues. I'm not sure now...

I haven't taken the sociology course but if accepted, I am hoping that they would let me take it this summer... I doubt that is what is holding you back. Maybe it's a general email they send out stating you didn't meet the minimum requirements but in reality it could be that you aren't as competitive as other applicants. Someone also said decisions would be sent out mid March and then someone else said end of this month... Not sure what to follow. I still thought we had to pay an app fee but now I'm unsure. Waiting is the hardest !

I got the same email and was a bit confuse. I emailed the school and no one emailed me back. Hopefully, they have an explanation for this. I wouldn't apply to a program if I didn't meet the mini. requirement. This is frustrating.

Hey guys, I received the same email saying I didn't meet the minimum requirements but I know for a fact that I did! I had a high enough overall and pre-req GPA and completed all the classes they required with good enough grades. I was kind of annoyed when I read that email because I knew they were wrong. However, I chose not to fight it because I was accepted to another school I plan on attending. I find it interesting that we all got the same email and feel that the email was a mistake! If they are going to reject us, give us a valid reason, don't lie and say we didn't mean the minimum requirements when we actually did. Just tell us you don't want us, don't try and blame us as the reason we did not get accepted.

I don't know it just seems strange that we all got this email when in fact we did complete the minimum requirements. Makes me not trust the school.

Reactions: 2 users
It worries me about the school too. Even at first when I just thought it was a mistake, it worried me that they could even make a mistake like that. Its one thing not to get accepted into a program, its another thing to tell me that I didn't even meet the minimum requirements! I'm curious to know what's going on with this.

For their mistake and making those claims. They should refund us back our money that we used to pay for the application. >_>

Did you guys have any c's in any pre-req courses? Do they allow them? Hopefully it was just a mistake for you guys!!

Did you guys have any c's in any pre-req courses? Do they allow them? Hopefully it was just a mistake for you guys!!

I didn't have any C's! I did get a C+ in psychology but I retook the course and got an A so I don't think that should be affecting me but that is the only thing I could think of. I only received a C the first time because I missed an exam for my grandmother's funeral and my professor wouldn't excuse me because I didn't tell him two weeks in advance.

Now I feel like emailing them and asking exactly what the problem was just to call them out!

Hey guys! I applied all the way back in October & I went to a info session & they told me about 20 spots were open for non Springfield College applicants. I also e-mailed them& asked when they would be sending out their acceptance letters and they said by mid-March. My fingers are crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the same email and I should have met all minimum requirements and then some. I emailed someone asking exactly what was wrong with my application and they said they forwarded my request to someone else. Haven't heard anything else though.

As far as having Cs in classes, I am a bio major so I have over 21 credit of physical science courses (in lectures), and only one of those classes would be required as a pre-req. I have plenty of As & Bs, but a few Cs also. Considering I only need one extra physical science course I assumed they would count one of my As or Bs? But maybe having a C in some of those made me not meet the requirement? I have no idea, but that's the best explanation I could think of. I have either As or Bs in Chemistry, Organic Chem, Physics & also Biochem(which may not count) plus all of my physical science labs which includes at least 6 credits, so I thought that would be sufficient. I have no other pre-reqs below a B+.

Just as an update, I called Admissions again & they said they have a list of people that believe they met these requirements that received this email & they are working through that list to get back to everyone. She said hopefully by this week that will happen & we will be hearing from Cathy Post (not sure how that is spelled). She said it may be that they had higher standards than what was listed in the email to make it to the next round (which they probably should have just said in the email to begin with to avoid all of this!), but they will get back to us to let us know I guess. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering!

Thanks for the info! Dr. Cathy Post was the name they said they were forwarding my email to.

Has anyone applied to BayPath College ? Just wondering.

Still
Just as an update, I called Admissions again & they said they have a list of people that believe they met these requirements that received this email & they are working through that list to get back to everyone. She said hopefully by this week that will happen & we will be hearing from Cathy Post (not sure how that is spelled). She said it may be that they had higher standards than what was listed in the email to make it to the next round (which they probably should have just said in the email to begin with to avoid all of this!), but they will get back to us to let us know I guess. Hope this helps anyone who is wondering!
Doesn't make sense! They definitely should have worded it then otherwise. I was just curious maybe that had to do with it but they should have just let you retake it in the summer if they had too. Did it state anywhere you couldn't have a C in a pre-req? I'm curious.

Hey guys! I applied all the way back in October & I went to a info session & they told me about 20 spots were open for non Springfield College applicants. I also e-mailed them& asked when they would be sending out their acceptance letters and they said by mid-March. My fingers are crossed!
Did you recently hear mid March? I thought someone said the end of this week or the beginning of March.

Springfield told me mid-March on 2/12/15.

Still

Doesn't make sense! They definitely should have worded it then otherwise. I was just curious maybe that had to do with it but they should have just let you retake it in the summer if they had too. Did it state anywhere you couldn't have a C in a pre-req? I'm curious.

They require at least a B- in the pre-req courses!

Just got an email saying I got to the next phase. I just called and gave them my $50. They said we should hear by end of March.

Just got an email saying I got to the next phase. I just called and gave them my $50. They said we should hear by end of March.

What was the 50 dollars for ? I'm assuming if you didn't get the e-mail saying you passed the next phase you didn't make it in?