Program-Specific Info / Q's Springfield College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@hlauriza The $50 is a supplemental fee, so they know if you would like to proceed with the application process. (Towson also had a $45 fee when I got the "2nd phase" email from them. I was able to waive that one though because I'm an alumni there.)

I'm not sure if they're sending anymore emails out. Don't lose hope though!! Btw, I also applied to Bay Path and haven't heard a peep from them.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of bummed :/ I didn't receive an email. Maybe Monday? Usually you would think they all get sent out at once.

@hlauriza The $50 is a supplemental fee, so they know if you would like to proceed with the application process. (Towson also had a $45 fee when I got the "2nd phase" email from them. I was able to waive that one though because I'm an alumni there.)

I'm not sure if they're sending anymore emails out. Don't lose hope though!! Btw, I also applied to Bay Path and haven't heard a peep from them.
When was your app verified ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, I am nervous now! I did mine back in October. I hope they have good news for me on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
I was not aware of the $50 fee to proceed in the application process. I emailed them about how they denied me for acceptance over not meeting their minimum requirements...when I did in fact meet their minimum requirements. They got back to me saying they did make a mistake, that I make it to the next phase of review and that they would waive the $50 fee for me.

I was not aware of the $50 fee to proceed in the application process. I emailed them about how they denied me for acceptance over not meeting their minimum requirements...when I did in fact meet their minimum requirements. They got back to me saying they did make a mistake, that I make it to the next phase of review and that they would waive the $50 fee for me.

When did you hear back from them about the mistake? I emailed them too but haven't heard anythng further other than them forwarding my request to someone else.

It was a couple days after I initially emailed them. In the email it said they reviewed my file again so maybe they just have not gotten to look at your file yet? Or maybe in your case it wasn't as simple as re-looking at your file.

I heard back on friday from them! They had said they made a mistake when initially reviewing my application and were penalizing me for a grade in one of my upper level science courses that wasn't required by the OT department. They waived the supplement fee and I have made it to the next phase! I believe they were looking at my chemistry I grade because I received at C+ in the lecture section.

I made my 50$ payment today and asked if they were still going to let us know by mid-March & they said between mid-March and late March now.

Do you think they sent out all the emails already? I haven't heard at all yet.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back on friday from them! They had said they made a mistake when initially reviewing my application and were penalizing me for a grade in one of my upper level science courses that wasn't required by the OT department. They waived the supplement fee and I have made it to the next phase! I believe they were looking at my chemistry I grade because I received at C+ in the lecture section.
same here!

@cal1992 I heard from them Friday about the mistake too, but when I called Wednesday, they said they had a whole list of people to look at! I still can't believe they made that mistake with so many! But I am glad to be on to the next round AND not having to pay the extra $50 is great! Does anyone knows what happens from here? I know everyone is saying we will hear by mid-march! Do they conduct interviews first?

I feel like the next step would be to send out acceptance letters/e-mails. I mean I can't imagine that we would have to pay more money if we make it past another phase.

I have not heard back from them at all... I wonder if I should email them. If I was rejected wouldn't I have gotten I didn't reach the minimum requirement email? I did not finish two pre-reqs yet but I had a 3.96 GPA from my last 60 something credits....

I have not heard back from them at all... I wonder if I should email them. If I was rejected wouldn't I have gotten I didn't reach the minimum requirement email? I did not finish two pre-reqs yet but I had a 3.96 GPA from my last 60 something credits....

Are you completing those last two pre-reqs now? If you have no heard back from them yet and you are curious. I don't think a e-mail would hurt.

I would definitely email them. I am currently taking 2 pre-reqs and they still passed me onto the next round and my pre-req gpa isn't as high as yours. However, I think they are sending out final decisions soon so it might be too late.. I definitely would call though. It can't hurt! And it shows interest and persistence which these programs like to see.

Has anyone received an offer from Springfield yet? I can't remember their timeline, but I haven't heard anything more from them yet!

Has anyone received an offer from Springfield yet? I can't remember their timeline, but I haven't heard anything more from them yet!
It says mid to late March higher up in this thread, but I just looked, and they're on spring break this week...

Okay, thanks! So hopefully next week we will start to hear from them then! :)

Reactions: 1 users
They've been behind during the whole process and they didn't even pass me through to this phase until the beginning of March so, I would guess they might not have decisions out until the first week in April!

I kind of want to withdraw my application and get my OTCAS money back...

Reactions: 1 users
I'm with you on that BrOT15. I'm upset that they said I didn't meet the minimum requirement when I did. I called and they said, someone will look over my application and contact me. I have yet to hear from them. This is really upsetting.

Have you heard anything ? The anticipation is killing me.

I called late yesterday! Lori in Admissions said they had hoped to get notices out by the end of March, but the OT department had not yet passed on their decisions to admissions. She did not have any concrete information on when we could expect to hear, but she said hopefully very soon. She also said most likely they will send notices via email! Ahhhh... I'm so nervous.

I kind of want to withdraw my application and get my OTCAS money back...

I contacted them and told them I would like my money back. I wrote and email and left a message. The admin assistant said she forwarded the email and voicemail to Professor Post and apologize to me. I am annoyed and yet I heard nothing from them. >_>

Are you getting your money back? I would like my back too! This is a little bit absurd.

I hope so. I have yet to hear from them yet if they will give it back. You should contact them too and ask for it back. Hopefully, the more of us that ask for our money back they would get the message of how absurd they been acting.

Random, but did their website say anything about a "second phase" or an additional fee? If I had known they were going to require more money, I wouldn't had applied.

@jka252 I didn't see anything that mentioned that... I had no idea & also probably would not have applied had I known! I do know that this is the first cycle they are using OTCAS (and it seems to not be going too well for them haha)!

So if you didn't get asked to pay a fee, then can it be assumed you didn't get in? I never received anything about a second phase or paying an additional fee, and emailed them today and they said decisions will be sent out at the end of next week (which is ridiculous). But if I was rejected why wouldn't they have just told me already? Has anyone been rejected from them yet?

Random, but did their website say anything about a "second phase" or an additional fee? If I had known they were going to require more money, I wouldn't had applied.
It says it on OTCAS. I'm not sure if they added that before or after you guys applied, though, because I'm looking at schools now.

So if you didn't get asked to pay a fee, then can it be assumed you didn't get in? I never received anything about a second phase or paying an additional fee, and emailed them today and they said decisions will be sent out at the end of next week (which is ridiculous). But if I was rejected why wouldn't they have just told me already? Has anyone been rejected from them yet?

I never heard from them about a second phase or the fee, either. I emailed a couple of weeks ago, they responded that if I hadn't gotten rejected, I was through to the next phase. I think (I hope) we shouldn't give up yet! They also said that they couldn't give me any timeline. Hopefully someday soon we'll find out about this school...

Did anyone on here apply to AIC & if so have you heard anything from there ?

I applied - but their regular decision deadline was april 1, I think. So maybe decisions will come out within this month.

What a sham application process. I got my money back.

What a sham application process. I got my money back.

I think I will email and do the same. SPringfield just seems unorganized and unclear the way they are reviewing their applications.

At BrOT15, how did you get your money back? I asked for mine back and they haven't responded yet. :(

Just got my acceptance email! :) However I will be declining this offer to attend Towson.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email apologizing for the delay and stating that they will have a final decision made by April 10th. Gah, I'm super nervous!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email apologizing for the delay and stating that they will have a final decision made by April 10th. Gah, I'm super nervous!
I got the same email! Did you ever hear anything about a second phase? And congrats to those who are getting acceptance letters!

I just got an acceptance email today!! So excited! Can't wait to hear from others who will be attending!! Good luck to everyone & let me know if you all get accepted! :D