SPSS syntax for STAXI-2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perhaps11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find spss scoring syntax for the STAXI-2? I found a few for the anxiety inventory but none for anger. I am interested in the trait anger and anger expression sub-scales, specifically. Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Track down the validation article and just quick write the script. Really shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. You'll spend more time trying to track down a copy of the syntax than you would just writing it.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep - tried that. I cannot find the validation paper for the 57 item version, which is kind of bizarre.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this a copyrighted measure? The manual should contain all the information you need to write the syntax.

I worked on a project with the STAXI-2 a couple years ago. Spent hours searching for a scoring guide and ended up just buying the manual. I highly recommend buying it as it's the most hideous book ever. Cover is hot pink with electric blue writing. I couldn't stop laughing when I opened the package.

Reactions: 1 users
My advisor actually managed to dig up the manual so that I can write the code. Thanks everyone for your help! This thread can now be closed unless others have similar questions.

I find myself in the same boat as you were in. Would you mind sharing scoring or spss syntax file?

My advisor actually managed to dig up the manual so that I can write the code. Thanks everyone for your help! This thread can now be closed unless others have similar questions.