squeeze for premature ejaculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

windycityguju

keepin' it real
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a medicine resident focusing on primary care. In our continuity clinic, I was presenting a 35 yo aam complaining of premature ejaculation (states somewhere in the range of 3-4 minutes). Having superficial knowledge of urology I figured an SSRI might be of some benefit. However, my attending suggested the "squeeze technique" in which you squeeze the tip of the penis at the time of ejaculation. I've never heard of this and it sounds a little painful. Is this something which is corroborated / endorsed by urologists? Wouldn't it lead to some sort of traumatic tissue rupture?!? Wanted fellow urology colleagues to weigh in. Any other non-medical techniques that you suggest to pts? And is this an evidence based practice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
warning i am only a medical student--SSRIs will help in the short run but wont address the underlying issue. there were a couple of studies on different techniques, the squeeze technique is not the best in my opinion since it can cause retrograde ejaculation and pain. But i think there are merits like understanding when the point of no return is and operative conditioning. I believe the "stop and go" technique, kegel exercises and therapy are better options.

Ejaculation in the 3-4 minute range isn't really considered premature ejaculation. That's probably on the low end of average for ejaculatory latency. I would start be providing him with reassurance. If he wants to last longer there are a variety of strategies out there, but I wouldn't go to pharmacotherapy before trying less invasive things (behavioral modification, masturbation before sex, topicals).