St.Eustatius/Dr.Cuts question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for anyone who attended or is attending St.Eustatius, Dr. Cuts especially:

Are the clinical sites at St. Eustatius all ACGME (GREENBOOK) SITES, for all the core rotations? I know some schools have a few D.O. rotations instead of ACGME, and in a some states (Pennsylvania, and a few others) you can't get licensure if it was at a D.O. site....

Members don't see this ad.

i agree with cuts as well. initially i was a gunner for trying to get all my cores in nice greenbook locations. in the end, all my cores - except surgery - were done in greenbook locations where they had residents for each rotation. all my cores except psych were done in chicago as well. for a current update...you can do greenbook fp, obgyn, internal med, and maybe peds...all in chicago. i dont know about psych and surgery definitely not. in retrospect i would say that the lors carry more value then the location of the rotation. during one of my interviews at a university program, one of the interviewers liked my lor from surgery..even though it wasnt done at a place where they had residents. yet, even though my surgery rotation was done in a low key community FP hospital, i must say that surgery is a big rotation and i suggest that you make the effort of getting a nice greenbook surgery rotation ONLY IF YOU WANT TO GO INTO GENERAL SURGERY FOR RESIDENCY. i can understand one travelling to a distant location to do a rotation only if that place has a nice residency program where he or she would seriously consider for residency. if not...dont waste your time and money. good luck