St George c/o 2019 applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I live in Brooklyn, NY and I had mine with an SGU alumna who works in Long Island. It was a 45 minute drive, no big deal. My friend who interviewed with an alumna last year did her interview over skype. The interview is pretty laid back! Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys! I am applying for August 2015 class. I finished all my application, and just got a phone call asking if I had any question about application process. I read that some people already had their interviews, are you guys applying for January class? I thought it was a bit early. And do you guys know if SGU has certain period of dates of interviews? like some schools have between December and February that kind of stuff, but I feel like SGU doesn't have that?
Does SGU have multiple classes per year like Ross does? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure they have rolling admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure they have rolling admission.
But do they have classes starting in January and May like Ross does? Or do they do rolling admission, but everyone starts school in August?

I *think* there's both a January start and an August start class but I'm not 100% sure if they start in Jan or in Feb..

But do they have classes starting in January and May like Ross does? Or do they do rolling admission, but everyone starts school in August?

We have classes that start in January and August, no May classes

I just received an email from SGU admissions stating that my application was complete. However, on VMCAS, my application status still says "Meeting VMCAS Requirements". Has this happened to anyone else?

Question for you guys, I'm a Canadian Student and am filling out the application. I am however confused as to how to fill out the pre req section of the application as our grades up here are given to us as a percentage, so should I put the percentage as the grade or try to change it to a 4.0 scale? Also all of my classes are considered 0.5 credits (2.5 credits or 5 courses is considered a full time semester), so I am unsure what to put for number of credit hours. I have emailed these questions to the application help but figured I would check here to see if anyone knows.
Thanks!

Heard back from SGU today -- I had been applying for August, had my interview a few weeks back. They rejected me for August but extended an acceptance for a January 15th start. Anyone have any advice? I have two more interviews this month. SGU said I have three weeks to say yes/no.

Heard back from SGU today -- I had been applying for August, had my interview a few weeks back. They rejected me for August but extended an acceptance for a January 15th start. Anyone have any advice? I have two more interviews this month. SGU said I have three weeks to say yes/no.

Wait, they rejected you for August 2015 start but offered you Jan 2015 instead??

I don't know how that happened but I would say do those two more interviews first and think about it I guess? I thought they would give us more time to think about to decide if we would attend or not after our interviews. I will have an interview soon, and now I am nervous! How did it go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview was very laid back. My interviewer was a SGU grad and was working out of a practice about an hour away from me. Some standard questions and some questions about life on the island.

Interview was very laid back. My interviewer was a SGU grad and was working out of a practice about an hour away from me. Some standard questions and some questions about life on the island.
SGU will be the first school that I will have an interview with ! and I have to have a skype interview instead.
Congratulations again, and I hope you make the right decision :)

I wish I knew what the right decision was, or even that I believed there was a right decision to make. All I know is, my life is gonna be completely uprooted regardless.

I wish I knew what the right decision was, or even that I believed there was a right decision to make. All I know is, my life is gonna be completely uprooted regardless.

That's a super tough situation..... The AVMA guarantees that we have until April 15th to answer about the Autumn semester, did they offer you a spot for THIS January (as in Jan 2015) or next (Jan 2016)....I can't fathom why they would only give you a few weeks to know about NEXT January ('16)

Also, how long after you guys submitted your supplemental did you hear back from them about an interview?

Yeah, that's pretty ****ty, but I am 90% sure that's what's going on.

That's a super tough situation..... The AVMA guarantees that we have until April 15th to answer about the Autumn semester, did they offer you a spot for THIS January (as in Jan 2015) or next (Jan 2016)....I can't fathom why they would only give you a few weeks to know about NEXT January ('16)

Also, how long after you guys submitted your supplemental did you hear back from them about an interview?
It didn't even take a week to hear back from them for me! which was very fast and I was so excited.
Yeah, that's pretty ****ty, but I am 90% sure that's what's going on.

Oh I thought you meant 2016 Jan! ughh that soundds like a lot of pressure.

That makes much more sense :)

I wonder if they didn't reject you for autumn because their Jan class isn't full, and they want to fill that first.....

This is exactly what I thought because I received an interview invite today stating the following: "The Committee on Admission has carefully reviewed your application for the August 2015 entering class. Although you have requested possible consideration for this fall, your file has been placed in the January 2015 applicant pool. I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted an interview for this term. You are among a select group chosen to proceed in the admissions process in a very competitive applicant pool."

This makes me very nervous about putting my application in now. I CAN'T go until August 2015 and thats what my application is for but I don't want them rejecting me for that class for january... Maybe I will just wait until January to input my application...

I just received an interview invite for the Foundations Program starting in Aug 2015! Not ideal, but I'll take it! Any other Foundations Program potentials out there??

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite for the Foundations Program starting in Aug 2015! Not ideal, but I'll take it! Any other Foundations Program potentials out there??

Did you talk to Andres yet?!

I got the same message. Applied for August 2015 but moved to the January 2015 pool of applicants. I really wanted to try and interview for the August 2015 class since January seems soooo soon and there is simply not enough time to handle things before then. What do you guys think?

January is very soon, but at the same time it's still two months. I personally think that two months is enough time to get things in line to come here, I did most of my stuff in 3-4 weeks because I'm a procrastinator :p The biggest thing to do is shop for everything you need to bring down (practical things like shampoo, toothpaste, that kind of stuff), and once you make a list that doesn't take long at all. Also the rabies vaccines, but once you find somewhere that will give them to you for a hopefully somewhat reasonable price, it's only a 4 week process. You can also get those here if need be.

Hi, I have a skype interview in a couple of weeks, and I was just wondering if it's ok to have an interview in my room instead of like conference room or something. I guess it's not an ideal setting, and I don't know how its gonna work, cuz the background of the skype interview will be my room... Will it be ok?
And will it be ok to wear a dress for an interviews? like professional dress. It's my first interview, and I am super nervous!

Hi, I have a skype interview in a couple of weeks, and I was just wondering if it's ok to have an interview in my room instead of like conference room or something. I guess it's not an ideal setting, and I don't know how its gonna work, cuz the background of the skype interview will be my room... Will it be ok?
And will it be ok to wear a dress for an interviews? like professional dress. It's my first interview, and I am super nervous!

Your room is fine! I did my interviews for SGU and Ross over Skype, both of them on my bed in my room haha. A dress should be fine, as long as you look professional from the waist up or however much of you they will see on the computer screen :p I won't lie, I wore sweatpants for my Ross interview.

Your room is fine! I did my interviews for SGU and Ross over Skype, both of them on my bed in my room haha. A dress should be fine, as long as you look professional from the waist up or however much of you they will see on the computer screen :p I won't lie, I wore sweatpants for my Ross interview.
Haha what a relief! I thought I would have to find some where else to do it, but I should be alone at the same time! and I know there is a thread talking about this, but do you know what they are looking for by saying "professional"? I am generally concerned how much I should dress up? I hope it's not a stupid question :(

Haha what a relief! I thought I would have to find some where else to do it, but I should be alone at the same time! and I know there is a thread talking about this, but do you know what they are looking for by saying "professional"? I am generally concerned how much I should dress up? I hope it's not a stupid question :(

I wore like, a button up shirt and sweatpants for my Ross interview. For my SGU interview I wore black dress pants and a white and black kind of nice looking top from Target :p

Reactions: 1 user
For other interviews at schools I wore a nice top and a blazer with my black dress pants

Got my interview invite today! Get to schedule my interview with a vet that is only 10 minutes away! :)

Awesome! I drove 45 minutes for mine (Brooklyn NY --> Long Island NY) and it was well worth the drive. It was cool to see a different hospital. Best of luck!!

Thank you! This hospital is well renowned in the area and is a 10 doctor practice! Pretty nervous but excited at the same time!

Interview offer! Scheduled for 10/29!

@FLhorsegirl Wow! That was quick! I have to wait for my interviewer to find out her November schedule, so I'm still waiting for my date! Congrats and best of luck! Keep us posted!

@FLhorsegirl Wow! That was quick! I have to wait for my interviewer to find out her November schedule, so I'm still waiting for my date! Congrats and best of luck! Keep us posted!
Good luck on yours when it happens! I hope its sooner rather than later, waiting is not fun! I really liked the way mine was conducted, very low stress and informational. The doctor who interviewed me was awesome and the questions focused primarily on my veterinary and animal experiences. It was very conversational and before I knew it we had talked over an hour! Hoping for the best!

Just wondering, did you guys email or mailed in the supplemental?

I emailed mine in, waiting on my interviewer to email me back

Last edited:
I emailed mine in, still waiting on my interviewer to email me back >_>
Awesome! Thanks. Due to some unfortunate events, I just sent it in today....just wanted to double check since the deadline is 11/3.
Thanks for the quick reply! :D

e-mailed.... although I keep getting reminder e-mails about the deadline...and keep checking that they've received mine..... I submitted it 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet (except for the "yes we got it" reply to my making sure they got it) :/

e-mailed.... although I keep getting reminder e-mails about the deadline...and keep checking that they've received mine..... I submitted it 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet (except for the "yes we got it" reply to my making sure they got it) :/
Ahhhhhhhhh now I'm a little worried >____>
I guess I'll double check with them Monday morning. Thanks for the quick replies guys! Appreciate it:clap:

Finally got my interview time and date for this Friday! Interestingly, it won't be held at a practice but at a local coffee shop.

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my interview time and date for this Friday! Interestingly, it won't be held at a practice but at a local coffee shop.

My interviewer finally emailed me back as well!!! Not sure where mine will take place but I'm guessing it's at her practice.

@Meurks Good luck!! :)

Anyone have any tips for interview prep? I've heard it's pretty laid back and also very similar to the med school interview. I don't have time to go do a mock interview at my alma mater but I've been prepping some answers for the basic questions and thinking about moral/ethical questions, as well as the essay topics.

I think they mainly want to hear more about your experiences and how they influenced your path towards veterinary medicine. I have spent quite a bit of time working with marine species so my interviewer asked me about continuing to work with these types of animals after veterinary school. I did apply for a dual degree program for a masters in wildlife conservation medicine so that may have had something to do with it as well. Bottom line, verbally express what you wrote about in that diversity essay!