St George c/o 2019 applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! That's awesome about the dual degree program! I contemplated going for the masters in bacteriology (micro nerd!), but I know I need to pace myself. I wrote about wanting to participate in future research, so they'll probably ask why I didn't go for a dual degree as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a bit about the dual degree programs... They'll have discussions about them your first term and you have until the end of first term to decide if it's something you really want to do and if you'll be able to handle the extra classes with the normal DVM classes, so don't freak out too much before you get here about declaring that you want to do one.

Reactions: 1 user
@Meurks Good luck!! :)

Anyone have any tips for interview prep? I've heard it's pretty laid back and also very similar to the med school interview. I don't have time to go do a mock interview at my alma mater but I've been prepping some answers for the basic questions and thinking about moral/ethical questions, as well as the essay topics.

Good luck to you too!! Maybe we'll be classmates :) I heard the St.Georges one is very laid back, there is actually a word-for-word interview example on a blog out there on the internet!

Members don't see this ad :)
@Meurks - When is your interview? Will be exciting if in a few weeks we get to say we're going to be doctors! I've done a lot of internet searching for information on the interview and have found quite a few blogs that were great! I'm off work tomorrow to plan out the essay question and to solidify my answers and explanations.

@Meurks - When is your interview? Will be exciting if in a few weeks we get to say we're going to be doctors! I've done a lot of internet searching for information on the interview and have found quite a few blogs that were great! I'm off work tomorrow to plan out the essay question and to solidify my answers and explanations.

My interview is Monday for sgu and tomorrow for Ross, haha. I think I'm just going to wing it.

My interview is Monday for sgu and tomorrow for Ross, haha. I think I'm just going to wing it.
Good luck with your inverview! I have mine this Sunday, and it's my first interveiw ever for vet college! Hope everything goes well :)

Ross still has yet to even let me know they received my application. Emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said they received an "extraordinary" amount of applications this year.

Getting nervous for SGU tomorrow, first interview for vet school ever too!

Ross still has yet to even let me know they received my application. Emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said they received an "extraordinary" amount of applications this year.

I was getting nervous about my Ross application as well as I haven't heard anything back! I had my St. George U interview earlier in the month via Skype. The Skype interview almost made me more nervous than an in person interview would have! But once it began it was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation about my experiences and opinions. Don't forget to read you personal statement and attempt to prepare for the essay portion of the interview. I had written multiple paragraphs about possible questions prior to my interview and found it very helpful when the time came to actually have to write one! I also asked my interviewer many questions afterwards and found the information she gave me was extremely helpful and made me want to attend the school more! I just got my call saying I was accepted yesterday! Very excited and good luck to you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
I was getting nervous about my Ross application as well as I haven't heard anything back! I had my St. George U interview earlier in the month via Skype. The Skype interview almost made me more nervous than an in person interview would have! But once it began it was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation about my experiences and opinions. Don't forget to read you personal statement and attempt to prepare for the essay portion of the interview. I had written multiple paragraphs about possible questions prior to my interview and found it very helpful when the time came to actually have to write one! I also asked my interviewer many questions afterwards and found the information she gave me was extremely helpful and made me want to attend the school more! I just got my call saying I was accepted yesterday! Very excited and good luck to you guys!
Congratulations!!!! You're going to be a vet!!! :) :)

I haven't from SGU neither from Ross. I am getting very nervous.

What term did you get accepted for?

They extended my offer to spring term or fall term starting in august (which I had originally applied for)

They had you write an essay over skype?? How strange to watch someone writing on webcam, haha. Did you have to type it or hand write it?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!! So exciting! I interviewed a week and a half ago, very anxiously awaiting the verdict. I really, really like this school!

They had you write an essay over skype?? How strange to watch someone writing on webcam, haha. Did you have to type it or hand write it?
I was wondering how it would work also, but right after my skype interview they sent me the prompts via email and i had like 15 minutes to email it back so they weren't watching me as i wrote it! haha

Just got back from my interview! As I mentioned before, it was at a coffee shop. She gave me the essay and left me while she ordered something. Even though I prepped for the essay, it wasn't that good due to nerves and all the distractions! Generally, I thought it went well. We discussed the issue of financing an education, adapting to life on the island, and other basic questions mentioned before. Fingers crossed it ends with an acceptance!

Just to let all you applicants know just how awesome SGU is... Today we went to the large animal resources facility to practice performing physical exams on horses, and tonight I had the opportunity to participate in a wet lab on placing urinary catheters in blocked cats on models, suturing in the catheter, and ultrasounding on a live cat :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just to let all you applicants know just how awesome SGU is... Today we went to the large animal resources facility to practice performing physical exams on horses, and tonight I had the opportunity to participate in a wet lab on placing urinary catheters in blocked cats on models, suturing in the catheter, and ultrasounding on a live cat :)
i read "large animal resources facility" and though woah when did they change the name?! then i realized that thas just LARF spelled out haha. that might be the second time in history that i've heard it called by its proper name haha

I just got an email for interview!! Just curious. How long did you guys wait to schedule interview?

I just got an email for interview!! Just curious. How long did you guys wait to schedule interview?
I emailed the interviewer right after I got the interview invite email haha I was so excited. and I got the reply from my interviewer right away!

I emailed the interviewer right after I got the interview invite email haha I was so excited. and I got the reply from my interviewer right away!
Thanks! I hope to hear from them soon!

I just received an interview invite for the Foundations Program starting in Aug 2015! Not ideal, but I'll take it! Any other Foundations Program potentials out there??

I just received an email invite for the VFP as well! Have you had your interview yet?

Finally got my interview time and date for this Friday! Interestingly, it won't be held at a practice but at a local coffee shop.
Me as well, and I'm also from upstate NY! I wonder if we interviewed with the same vet?

Accepted Fall 2015!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
My interview is tomorrow!!!!! I feel like I should prepare more...but I feel stuck!!

My interview is tomorrow!!!!! I feel like I should prepare more...but I feel stuck!!
The interview was super easy, and I'm terrible with interviews. The only question that threw me off was what I would do if I absolutely could not be a vet no matter what... other than that, it was the usual list of questions. I'm sure it will be great. Good luck!

My interview is this Saturday! It was scheduled at her practice, but now its in NYC and I'm nervous about that because I hate the city, but I'm still super excited! How long did it take for you guys to hear about getting accepted after your interview??

Missed a call today from Ross but haven't heard anything yet from SGU. Woops

Still waiting to hear the verdict. Will be two weeks this Friday. Still haven't heard a thing from Ross.

Hi guys! I'm new to sdn :) I just had my interview today! I'm really hoping to get accepted for Fall 2015 because I was planning on going out of the country this spring and to do an internship :( When do seats usually fill up for the Fall term? Or does it vary every year depending on the number of applicants? I'm getting really nervous about this situation! >___<

I'm in!!! Accepted fall 2015!!! Crazy excited :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
I have my interview on the 19th. I think it went pretty well. Now to wait. :)

Reactions: 1 users
My interview seemed like it went really well!! Just waiting to hear back now, I'm excited, I hope I get in!

I finally got an interview!!! Better late than never. Just curious about the essay you have to write, how long is it supposed to be? Any particular prompts I should prepare for?

My interviewer is out of town for the next two weeks. So she's offering to do a skype interview. Haven't replied yet, but
for those that had a skype interview, would you say it was less nerve wrecking than in person?