St George c/o 2019 applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just declined my seat, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted them and they said that as long as I plan to take out loans, I do not have to pay the 2000:)

I'm in the same boat, maybe it's just VFP students who have this $2000 requirement? So you contacted them and they basically said you can wait and pay the $2000 when you pay your full tuition with loans? I've been freaking out about it, was thinking about having to get a private education loan.

Update: JUST saw this on the SGU Financial Aid FAQ page:
Do I have to make the initial $400 deposit, or can that come out of my financial aid?

You must make the $400 deposit by the designated due date in order to reserve your seat in the program . Since financial aid is not disbursed until 10 days prior to the start of the term, the initial deposit will have to be made through an alternative payment method. This deposit payment will be applied to your student account and will beapplied towards your account balance due for Term 1.

Do I have to make the second payment of $3,000, or can that come from my financial aid?

If you are borrowing financial aid to cover your billed expenses, you may defer your second deposit of $3,000.

Is the process of deferring as simple as emailing the office?

Just declined my seat for August 2015 matriculation and my seat for January 2016 matriculation. I would imagine #42 on the waitlist for this fall should be getting a call tomorrow! (I got mine while I was at work today).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about the deferring part. But I'm pretty positive the vfp students have to take out a private education loan through somewhere like Sallie Mae. Which I can deal with. I officially accepted my spot for the vfp program for August! Anyone else out there? I've been on the regular class Facebook page, but I can't find anything for vfp students.

I'm not sure about the deferring part. But I'm pretty positive the vfp students have to take out a private education loan through somewhere like Sallie Mae. Which I can deal with. I officially accepted my spot for the vfp program for August! Anyone else out there? I've been on the regular class Facebook page, but I can't find anything for vfp students.

I put my deposit down for vfp, I heard good things about how their vfp students did compared to the rest of the class

I put my deposit down for vfp, I heard good things about how their vfp students did compared to the rest of the class
I have too! I think that's probably because we take anatomy and physiology in vfp. Which is nice. Have you booked your plane ticket yet?

This is slightly old news since the April 15h deadline has passed, but I ended up declining my seat. I was really excited to go somewhere so beautiful and probably watched a couple youtube videos of the island at least a dozen times, but in the end I accepted a seat at a school that was much closer to my family. Hope I helped out someone on the waitlist!

I have too! I think that's probably because we take anatomy and physiology in vfp. Which is nice. Have you booked your plane ticket yet?
I just accepted my spot in vfp 2015 too! This is actually my first post on this forum. I was reading some other sites and some med students posted that the foundations classes lessened their coursework when they matriculated because they didn't have to worry about taking those classes again. Does anyone know if this the same for the vfp?

I saw someone say she will be making the VFP Facebook page soon, after she is done with finals because she is an upper termer I think. I'm getting really excited but I have SO many questions! I haven't heard much from past VFP students, would anyone care to fill me in with what they know?

Hey everyone, I decide that I'm going to look for off campus housing. I have two cats so I would like to live where pets are allowed. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hey everyone, I decide that I'm going to look for off campus housing. I have two cats so I would like to live where pets are allowed. Does anyone have any recommendations?
i used to live at yacht view apartments in true blue. they were great when i was there. management has changed a little since i left and i think people love it less, but the people i know who are still there were still decently happy

i used to live at yacht view apartments in true blue. they were great when i was there. management has changed a little since i left and i think people love it less, but the people i know who are still there were still decently happy
Do you know if they are pet friendly?

If you can manage a semester in campus, I really highly encourage you to live on campus for your first semester and just deal with having a roommate and not having you pets. It's a major disadvantage to live away from the majority of your class. My classmates that chose to live off initially were definitely much more isolated, and definitely regretted the decision. So much happens spontaneously, and when you're not right there in the middle of things, you end up being forgotten and left out. Sounds silly, but it's real, and I think it's a big deal, because these people are your support system for 3 years and you're going to want those close bonds.

If you can manage a semester in campus, I really highly encourage you to live on campus for your first semester and just deal with having a roommate and not having you pets. It's a major disadvantage to live away from the majority of your class. My classmates that chose to live off initially were definitely much more isolated, and definitely regretted the decision. So much happens spontaneously, and when you're not right there in the middle of things, you end up being forgotten and left out. Sounds silly, but it's real, and I think it's a big deal, because these people are your support system for 3 years and you're going to want those close bonds.

Truth. I lived off campus first semester and definitely missed out on some things. However, it wasn't horrible and I managed to make an awesome group of friends despite being left out of some stuff. Things this semester are a lot different than they were last semester as far as friend groups go just because more people moved off campus and aren't all living under the same roof anymore. It's a lot nicer now :p Do what you want!

Truth. I lived off campus first semester and definitely missed out on some things. However, it wasn't horrible and I managed to make an awesome group of friends despite being left out of some stuff. Things this semester are a lot different than they were last semester as far as friend groups go just because more people moved off campus and aren't all living under the same roof anymore. It's a lot nicer now :p Do what you want!
Haha I'm not saying you won't make friends of you live off campus ;) but being social was way easier when we all lives on the same hall. Someone would pop out of their room and say bananas, and they cry would go up and down the hall and off eveyone would go. Or to the beach. Or town. Or grocery store. The off campus folks just tended to get forgotten in these plans, or wouldn't be easily able to go. Everyone was fine and happy come term 2

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I'm not saying you won't make friends of you live off campus ;) but being social was way easier when we all lives on the same hall. Someone would pop out of their room and say bananas, and they cry would go up and down the hall and off eveyone would go. Or to the beach. Or town. Or grocery store. The off campus folks just tended to get forgotten in these plans, or wouldn't be easily able to go. Everyone was fine and happy come term 2

I personally think it's all about your first term anatomy lab group haha

UGHHHHHHHHHHH I dont want to relive those horrific memories please!!!

LOL! I loved my group! They're the people I spend 90% of my time with now... Hated anatomy lab though :p