St. James DO Residency Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc1984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about this program? Case load, OR time, training locations..... Any input would be great. I am looking for the best places to audition at. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Lost its Level 1 Trauma status a few years ago, and with it, a lot of great pathology, and some great attendings. The program picked up a rotation slot at Cook County which is fantastic, but in general, I think the program has gone down quite a bit.

The current PD, I am afraid to say is a complete asocial, *****. He has no leadership presence, is locked into his way of doing things, both academically and clinically. He is only the PD because the previous one left to Texas for greener pastures, and his once 'Interm' status became 'permanent' because the DME couldnt find/afford anyone else.

They have very little subspecialty representation, although they do have Hand at Northwestern which is nice, and Dr. Fynn for Adult recon.

The case loads at St James (both campuses) are very low compared to other programs; they travel to many hospitals and I cannot comment on caseload at those institutions.

I'd recommend talking to current residents, and students who have rotated there for the best advice.

My two cents, is to stay away. This used to be a great program, but now needs alot of work to compare to other top osteo programs.

anyone else know anything about the ortho program at st james?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything recent about this program as of 2015? Scores required, case load, resident lifestyle, attending personalities, etc.???

Would love to hear as well. With the ACGME limitation on out rotations, how will this program work considering it seems to depend significantly on outrotations for case load and subspecialty exposure?

Has this program applied for ACGME status? Will it still be taking 4 students? And I too would like to know about other posts here.

Does anyone have any information on this program?