st. joseph exempla denver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leeolivesingh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No reviews were found on this FM residency program? Anyone have any input about what it's like?

Members don't see this ad.

Its downtown in a relatively small hospital. Religious affiliation makes family planning training somewhat difficult. The continuity clinic is on site and serves primarily indigent population. The residency population appeared to be mostly single. All in all, I can't think of anything that sets it apart from most FM programs especially the others in the Denver area.

St Joe's is a terrific FM program. It would have been my #1 choice if I had lived closer to downtown Denver. FM residents have equal responsibility for the medicine service with the medicine residents, so excellent ICU, procedural, and medicine training. Superb EKG/cards training. Tremendous OB training with opportunity to do C/S. A great hospital with a long tradition of caring for the indigent.

It would be a mistake to dismiss this program as just more of the same. "Relatively small" -only by mega-hospital standards - >500 beds incl. a Children's hospital satellite. 4 residency programs (FM, IM, Surg, OB). Residents are divided among single/married/with children.