St. Louis College of Pharmacy or 0+6 programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatKat21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I rarely see anything on here about STLCOP so was just wondering what you guys know/hear about it.
What is your opinion on 0+6 year programs in general compared to 2+4? Best 0+6 school?

Members don't see this ad.

I rarely see anything on here about STLCOP so was just wondering what you guys know/hear about it.
What is your opinion on 0+6 year programs in general compared to 2+4? Best 0+6 school?
As a previous applicant there for admission as a Transfer Student I can truly state the university is very unorganized. From the way the transfer student interviews are conducted to the lack of student aid for first year transfers, it was very frustrating.

The interviews were conducted where the student shows up and they just sit in the conference room until their interview time with other candidates. Not much is talked about the school by the representative in the room with you. He asked if we had any questions, but there was no presentation, no campus tour, nothing. My first interviewer just seemed to have graduated from Pharmacy School; she seemed very timid asking me questions and did not have answers to the questions I presented to her at the end of the interview. My next interviewer was an older professor who thankfully I was able to have an educated conversation with.

Being from Saint Louis at the time and choosing to interview here was pretty big for my young family. We had a young daughter at the time and staying close to family was key. But, as communication was negligible from the university and I had to initiate everything; I was soon turned off by the way they run the school. I am very glad to say that I did not attend there as I have heard many negative stories from my colleagues in the pharmacy business who entered the same year as I did. The students who began right out of high school had their own cliques and it was hard for them to integrate very well there. I too believe that they are switching to a 7 year program in the upcoming year or two.

I went on to interview and be accepted into Butler University as a transfer student and can say I had the time of my life there. The students were very welcoming to incoming transfers as they have a 0-6 program as well. The curriculum gave me a strong background and the professors were always there when needing any extra assistance. I easily passed my boards and am enjoying life as a Pharmacist in Boston with my family.

Please look into all your pharmacy programs before making a decision. It comes down to where you feel the most comfortable and where you will get the best education. In the end we are all Pharmacists and are here to serve the people.