St. Mathews Uni. School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First of all, no one at SMU knows me personally. I met and like a few of the SMU students very much. But, no one has known me for more than 1 year, so they do not know me personally. My friends at SMU do know me fairly well, and I like them very much. But, again, even they do not know me personally. There is no way they would know if I flunked out of any school. I left St. James voluntarily after 3 weeks. It was a bad school. I had the second highest scores out of a class of 17 students; I never flunked out. Then I voluntarily left Xavier after 3 weeks; again, it was a bad school. I did not flunk out. I then voluntarily left SMU after 4 semesters. It is a bad school. I transferred to a better school, Sint Eustatius. I never flunked out of SMU. I passed all of my classes for the first three semesters. I dropped 2 classes in the fourth semester (path and pharm), failed genetics and got a B in PD 4. Those are my grades; I have them in black and white. I would have to fail many more classes at SMU to "flunk out." They are trying to discredit me, plain and simple. My opinion stands, and you can research the facts for yourself. If you want to go to SMU, that is your choice. As far as students getting residency and practicing, I do not know the statistics. I am not privy to them, and SMU seems to only reveal what they want. I do not trust them and what they say, so I could care less what they reveal. If you trust them, that is up to you. I told you my opinon and my experience. I hope you will trust me, but if you chose not to, there is nothing I can say. I would not lie to you, and I do wish you the very best. I am sure you are going to do well, and I am really pulling for you. I wish you the very best. That is why I responded. Please think about other schools like Ross, AUC, Saba, SGU, or even MUA, and perhaps even Sint Eustatius. Best wishes to you. I'm sure you are going to be a great doctor.

lets see 3 weeks here and 3 weeks there 4 sem here and 4 sem there here a book there a book all fall downnnn good luck man you make such good school choices and im sure you will find that perfect school for you keep trying and searching for that one school you can stay at and you should be fine...I admire your motivation and persistence so go for it man and good luck in your next 20 school choices im sure the medical boards somewhere in this world will welcome you withopen arms www.siberiamedicalschools.com

Members don't see this ad.

While I agree that sbturnisback doesn't seem to be the most stable medical student, in terms of his attachment to various medical schools, I do feel that it should be a reasonable requirement that ANY medical school you go to should be able to get you licensed in any US state. SMU cannot do this, as it was disproved by California following a site visit, which they, by the way, threatened legal action over (which is certain to endear them to the medical board).

While I'm painfully aware that a fairly large number of schools can't get their graduates licensed whereever they choose, I do feel that it is insane, or at least desperate, to attend a school which cannot even fullfill that simple requirement. There's hundreds, if not thousands, of medical schools all over the world that's approved in states like California and Texas. So why on earth pay large sums of money to attend the tiny minority that isn't approved?

Changing topics, I find it interesting that SMU would let you drop classes (2 classes, no less). Do Caribbean med schools allow that? I know that DO schools have a set curriculum for each semester and there's no dropping classes. If you're doing poorly in a course you have to keep on plugging and if you fail it you have to remediate somehow or be dismissed (either retake the exam and pass or repeat the year). I believe US MD schools are similar.

Is SMU's policy similar to, say, Ross or SGU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea. But yes, at SMU students are allowed to drop some courses, once I think, then they can retake the class(es), and even fail, but after that I think that is it, not certain. I think you are allowed to flunk 27 units or so, before you a dismissed.

I have no idea. But yes, at SMU students are allowed to drop some courses, once I think, then they can retake the class(es), and even fail, but after that I think that is it, not certain. I think you are allowed to flunk 27 units or so, before you a dismissed.

BEEN TO CALIF ONCE IN MY LIFE AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO GO THERE ,,,SMU IS ON A GOOD SAFE ISLAND COMPARABLE TO THE USA IF NOT BETTER GO TO SOME OF THOSE OTHER ISLANDS,,,I PITY THE GIRLS ON THESE OTHER 3 RD WORLD ISLANDS DOMINICA NEVIS GRENADA BONAIRE PHEWYY SMU WILL GET ME LICENSED WHERE I WANNA LIVE AND WORK AND THATS ALL THAT COUNTS TO ME,,,GO WHERE EVER YOU WANT BUT NEVER TELL ME TO GO TO SBTURN AND DON T TELL ME HE WILL EVER BECOME A MD,,,I WILL BET ON IT THAT HE WILL NEVER EVER BECOME A DOCTOR OF ANY SORT I WILL BET YOU

BEEN TO CALIF ONCE IN MY LIFE AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO GO THERE ,,,SMU IS ON A GOOD SAFE ISLAND COMPARABLE TO THE USA IF NOT BETTER GO TO SOME OF THOSE OTHER ISLANDS,,,I

Well, good for you. However, for many others, it might be problematic that they would never, ever get the option of working in the largest US state. Apart from that, there's increasing pressure to adopt the California approval system in other states, as it has already happened in NM. Obviously, some wants an MD behind their name so badly they'll accept any limitation, in terms of licensure and residency options, which is their absolute right. Personally, however, I find it baffling.:confused:

Well, good for you. However, for many others, it might be problematic that they would never, ever get the option of working in the largest US state. Apart from that, there's increasing pressure to adopt the California approval system in other states, as it has already happened in NM. Obviously, some wants an MD behind their name so badly they'll accept any limitation, in terms of licensure and residency options, which is their absolute right. Personally, however, I find it baffling.:confused:

TRY NOT TO BE SO BAFFLED,,CONTINUE ON YOUR PATH TO SOME WHERE

TRY NOT TO BE SO BAFFLED,,CONTINUE ON YOUR PATH TO SOME WHERE

Thank you for your kind thoughts. However, as I am an attending in the field I love, I am quite content with the path I've chosen, and the point I've reached. That, however, will not stop me from wondering about the path chosen by others, who doesn't yet have the experience I have gained :)

I will be the greatest cardiac surgeon to ever live. I will be an infinite times better doctor than you on the best day of your life and the worst day of mine. I said I will outscore you, as well as everyone else, on step 1, 2 and 3. Get into a med school, then I still will ignore you.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. However, as I am an attending in the field I love, I am quite content with the path I've chosen, and the point I've reached. That, however, will not stop me from wondering about the path chosen by others, who doesn't yet have the experience I have gained :)

ADVICE,,,try worrying about your path and where it lead you then offer advice to others once you got there,,:laugh:

Not to be too Geeky but I thought they were talking about Cali ( the third Largest) ? Alaska is #1 in size then Texas and then Cali......................:confused:

I would like to know if sbturnisback has ever met the owner/ President?

Ifact what am I saying the owner/ President is no longer around. the school sold to a great company who are make great strides to improve the school, faculty and others.

He talks about the admin staff, I have found them here on the island to be very orginized and what to help us. from what I cgather more so from other schools.

The school had great shelf scores this last semester and in one class the average was above ross and auc.

I have read this guy's past posted about SMU and with all the bragging he use to do about it I decided to go here.

I n receint times because he was kicked out he has started bashing SMU and others, you should see what he wrote about Ross and he never went there.

I would like to also thank Junito, this person will give you the truth, no BS, if there is something wrong and he does not like he will let all of us know.

the spastic "Sbturn" ( who I must say I know, he does not know me) will always be complaining, please take him with a grain of salt.