St. Raphael Hospital in Ct

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bts4202

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who is doing IM at St. Raphael know of Dr. Apaloo. She used to be a part of the IM program there and is now at St. Vincent's. I was wondering if she is well known there and is well thought of? I have a great LOR from her and was wondering if it may carry some weight at the program.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

bts4202 said:
Does anyone who is doing IM at St. Raphael know of Dr. Apaloo. She used to be a part of the IM program there and is now at St. Vincent's. I was wondering if she is well known there and is well thought of? I have a great LOR from her and was wondering if it may carry some weight at the program.

Thanks,

no one knows anything? :(

I'm not at St. Raphaels. I did my Sub-I there in 2001. I worked very closely with Dr. Apaloo. She was a great teacher, a nice lady and a good doctor.
I also got a great letter from her.
Are you at St. Vincent's now? I'm sure the St. Raph's program knows her and at least liked her. She was a resident there, as well as chief resident (i believe) prior to becoming an attending there for several years. So I'm sure your letter from her would carry some weight at St Raph's if that is what you need.

Members don't see this ad :)
jashanley said:
I'm not at St. Raphaels. I did my Sub-I there in 2001. I worked very closely with Dr. Apaloo. She was a great teacher, a nice lady and a good doctor.
I also got a great letter from her.
Are you at St. Vincent's now? I'm sure the St. Raph's program knows her and at least liked her. She was a resident there, as well as chief resident (i believe) prior to becoming an attending there for several years. So I'm sure your letter from her would carry some weight at St Raph's if that is what you need.

Thats exactley the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

What did you think of St. Raph's? Would you have enjoyed doing a residency there? Is the teaching good? Do people get good fellowships from there?

Anyone knows about the prelim medicine program at St. Raphael? I looked around the website but there is absolutely no information regarding the prelim program.