About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Raphael Hospital in Ct

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by bts4202, Apr 8, 2005.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. bts4202

bts4202 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Does anyone who is doing IM at St. Raphael know of Dr. Apaloo. She used to be a part of the IM program there and is now at St. Vincent's. I was wondering if she is well known there and is well thought of? I have a great LOR from her and was wondering if it may carry some weight at the program.

Thanks,
  2. bts4202

bts4202 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    no one knows anything? :(
  3. jashanley

jashanley Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    I'm not at St. Raphaels. I did my Sub-I there in 2001. I worked very closely with Dr. Apaloo. She was a great teacher, a nice lady and a good doctor.
    I also got a great letter from her.
    Are you at St. Vincent's now? I'm sure the St. Raph's program knows her and at least liked her. She was a resident there, as well as chief resident (i believe) prior to becoming an attending there for several years. So I'm sure your letter from her would carry some weight at St Raph's if that is what you need.
  4. bts4202

bts4202 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thats exactley the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

What did you think of St. Raph's? Would you have enjoyed doing a residency there? Is the teaching good? Do people get good fellowships from there?
  5. UTSW2010

UTSW2010

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone knows about the prelim medicine program at St. Raphael? I looked around the website but there is absolutely no information regarding the prelim program.