Program-Specific Info / Q's St. Scholastica

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julianac4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get accepted into St. Scholastica's OT program?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get an acceptance? Congrats! I was waitlisted so...we shall see. Fingers crossed :)

Yes I did! Thank you! Is St. Scholastica a top choice for you? Good luck, I'm sure some spots will open up within the next few weeks as people decide :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It is definitely one of my top choices. I'm wondering what the average statistics are for how many people get accepted off the waitlist, hah. I visited campus over the summer and had an informational meeting with Courtney Eickman, who was lovely. The program looks phenomenal.

It is definitely one of my top choices. I'm wondering what the average statistics are for how many people get accepted off the waitlist, hah. I visited campus over the summer and had an informational meeting with Courtney Eickman, who was lovely. The program looks phenomenal.
Courtney is wonderful! I met with her last January! She's so nice and was a great resource during the whole process. I loved the program too, I especially love the on campus clinic. You should ask Courtney how the wait list works, looking through these threads a few people got off the waitlist as late as May last year! Are you from MN?

Reactions: 1 users
You should ask Courtney how the wait list works, looking through these threads a few people got off the waitlist as late as May last year! Are you from MN?

Good call! I will definitely have to do that. Shows I'm still interested too, huh? ;) I'm from IL, but have relatives in MN. So, close-ish!

Good call! I will definitely have to do that. Shows I'm still interested too, huh? ;) I'm from IL, but have relatives in MN. So, close-ish!
Definitely! Good luck, let me know if you end up going to St. Scholastica :)

I was accepted off the wait list today! I was on the waitlist for 2 weeks

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Do you think you'll end up going?

Yes as of now. It's the only school I've been accepted to so far and the deposit is due in 2 weeks so that doesn't give me much time to wait on other schools

Hey! Is their a Facebook page for accepted students? I'd love to get to know my future classmates before we begin!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Is their a Facebook page for accepted students? I'd love to get to know my future classmates before we begin!
I looked and there is a general one but it hasn't been updated in years :/ I received an email today about our Blackboard site but I was unable to access the specific OT program (I'll be contacting my advisor shortly) so I'm hoping there might be a discussion board of some sort to meet each other! I will for sure be going there and look forward to meeting other students as well :)

I looked and there is a general one but it hasn't been updated in years :/ I received an email today about our Blackboard site but I was unable to access the specific OT program (I'll be contacting my advisor shortly) so I'm hoping there might be a discussion board of some sort to meet each other! I will for sure be going there and look forward to meeting other students as well :)

Do you already have housing options figured out? I need a roommate but have no clue where to even start

Do you already have housing options figured out? I need a roommate but have no clue where to even start
I just signed a lease in bluestone lofts! They have individual leases so I'm being randomly assigned to 3 other grad students. I know I have one roommate so far who is in PA school, but its right next to our classes! I was in the same spot and didn't know if I could find other students (since I didn't know anyone either) but they made it a lot easier and find roommates for you

Reactions: 1 user
I just signed a lease in bluestone lofts! They have individual leases so I'm being randomly assigned to 3 other grad students. I know I have one roommate so far who is in PA school, but its right next to our classes! I was in the same spot and didn't know if I could find other students (since I didn't know anyone either) but they made it a lot easier and find roommates for you

Awesome! I was researching those last night. Did they make you pay a deposit to hold your apartment? Also have you received any financial aid info from CSS? I plan on paying my rent with loans but i'm not sure how much i will be able to takeout since i haven't received any financial aid information yet

Last edited:
Awesome! I was researching those last night. Did they make you pay a deposit to hold your apartment? Also have you received any financial aid info from CSS? I plan on paying my rent with loans but i'm not sure how much i will be able to takeout since i haven't received any financial aid information yet
No I haven't paid my deposit yet--the property manager has a few more forms and details to work out so I'm waiting to get everything together. They're a bit pricey but I thought for one year I could pay a little more to get aquatinted with the area (and meet people) and the convenience of having class 10 feet away is nice! I haven't heard anything either--I will be doing the same thing.

No I haven't paid my deposit yet--the property manager has a few more forms and details to work out so I'm waiting to get everything together. They're a bit pricey but I thought for one year I could pay a little more to get aquatinted with the area (and meet people) and the convenience of having class 10 feet away is nice! I haven't heard anything either--I will be doing the same thing.

Haha agreed. Make sure you filled out the credit notification form and the 2015-2016 FASFA in addition to the 2016-2017 one since we are starting Summer 2016. The financial aid lady told me that's why i hadn't heard anything

Haha agreed. Make sure you filled out the credit notification form and the 2015-2016 FASFA in addition to the 2016-2017 one since we are starting Summer 2016. The financial aid lady told me that's why i hadn't heard anything
oh thank you! where is that form?

I got accepted to my number 1 program so i'll be giving up my spot at St. Scholastica. Hopefully this will make room for one you to get off the wait-list! Best of luck

Just got in off the waitlist! Can't wait to meet you all! :soexcited:

How are you guys liking the program?! I applied and am anxiously waiting to hear back for 2018!