Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

St.Vincents in Mahattan?

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by rohsik, 11.14.02.

1. rohsik

rohsik Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Does any one know anything about their Internal Medicine categorical program.. Reputation, teaching, etc... especially opportunity for fellowships.

I have heard that they have great subsidized housing.. that's basically all that I have heard about the program.

Is it worth interviewing at? I am trying to eliminate some interviews.

thanks
  2. hamburgler

hamburgler Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    i interviewed there last week. great location - right in the village, housing is great too. it's a community hospital, so if you're looking for an academic place, it might not be for you. pulm-ccu, hem-onc, and cardiology are there stronger departments. residents are very happy, great hours, very benign, good teaching. ppl match at fellowships but not at the most prestigious places - i think 50% go on towards fellowships.

if you're looking to be in nyc, i think its a really good hospital. But if you want a high powered fellowship at a prestigious medical center or a hospital with a big reputation you should probably spend your time interviewing at other places...

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal