St. Vincent's Manhattan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapfrit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know. St. Vincent's closed its program.

Members don't see this ad.

They are calling all people with interviews in the next few weeks to let them know first. I got the call today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from them yet.. thanks for the heads up. I was planning on buying my tickets to NYC later on today!

Just to let you all know St. Vincent's lost their ACGME accreditation today. They are no longer recruiting for either peds or med/peds.
:(

Just to clarify- while it is true that Saint Vincent's-Manhattan will no longer have Med-Peds and Peds residencies for the time being, the accredidation was NOT withdrawn by the ACGME or LOST as stated above. Instead, the institution has VOLUNTARILY withdrawn the programs. Still a bummer but there is a big difference.

This is posted down in the Pediatrics thread:

program shut down...
A friend of mine who applied to pediatrics this year told me about an email that she received today stating the program had closed down. She forwarded me the email. I've pasted it below. I wonder how those who have received interviews and made plans to travel to NY will react to this decision.:confused::confused:

Memorandum

TO: Candidates for the Categorical Pediatrics Program
Samuel Grubman, MD; Program Director

It is with great regret that we must inform you that we have just made the
decision to voluntarily close the New York Medical College at St. Vincent's
Manhattan Categorical Pediatrics Residency Program and will not be accepting a
new class in July 2008.

The decision was made in the last few days, and relates to a decrease in
volume, diversity and acuity of patients on the pediatric in-patient unit that
has occurred recently. An analysis of the requirements to solve the problem
indicates that the situation would not be likely to change in the near future.
Thus, we feel that it is honest and just to face the issue now, rather than
risk accepting candidates to a program that could end up providing less than
an outstanding experience for residents.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Well - I don't know how others are responding, but my interview was scheduled for next week. I'm still going and will enjoy some time in the Big Apple! St. Vincent's wasn't high on my list anyway - I was basically using it as an excuse to visit New York again. Best of luck to the rest of you.