Stafford and Grad PLUS loans (advice from current/recent grads?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdaniels360

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of late i've been trying to figure out how i'm going to finance PT school, and from what i've read/heard so far scholarships are few and far between where Stafford and Grad PLUS loans seem to be the way to go.

This page http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...xplore-graduate-student-loan-options-for-2012 was helpful in determining what each one offers, my question however is where can i find the information on which states offer what? I'm not sure if these loans are nationwide or vary state to state. I'd like to think that we could get these wherever we go. From what i've read the Stafford loan covers up to $20,000 or so a year and the Grad PLUS covers the rest.

If anyone can elaborate, especially those who have already been through this or are currently in the process that would be great!

Thanks,

JD

Members don't see this ad.

Financial assistance not only can vary from state to state but can also vary from school to school in the same state. With that being said, I would check with the school you are going to attend or schools you are applying to to see what they offer before enrolling so you have an idea of what you can get. Some dpt programs even have some scholarships available to current students in their dpt program. So it is best to check with them. I would also ask the average amount offered in financial aid at each school as this can vary a lot too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some school doesn't have PLUS at all,so you have to make sure that yo have good credit to pay for the rest of your tuition with private loans...

So call all my schools and talk to the financial aid office to see who offers what?