Stafford loan of 224k?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ixyz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Why does it say on this website that the Stafford Loan max for dental school is $224k, when it says that they only give $47,167 a year for the first 3 years, and $40,500 for the 4th year, totaling to only $182,001?

Where does the other $42k come in ?

here;s the site:
http://www.marquette.edu/mucentral/financialaid/grad_loans_unsubsidized.shtml

Members don't see this ad.

YOU ARE ALL DISGUSTING, COMMERCING WITH HEALTH OF HUMAN PEOPLE,,ALL IS ABOUT MONEY ISN'T? FU_Ck_1Ng PAT_HETIC

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• BreomE8CUAAWuGR.jpg
    BreomE8CUAAWuGR.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 51
YOU ARE ALL DISGUSTING, COMMERCING WITH HEALTH OF HUMAN PEOPLE,,ALL IS ABOUT MONEY ISN'T? FU_Ck_1Ng PAT_HETIC

Show us the way; you should go graduate from dental school, open a practice, and work for free.

I'm telling on you....

I'm not dumb

You are trying to write bad words.... But you are too scared too....

Bad bad

BAD you

Reactions: 1 users
Still looking for an answer for this.

Seems like there might be financial aid in addition to the loans from what I have seen for a few schools?

I think the max is around 40k a year, 220k or 240k is the lifetime cap, but that's why your total would be lower

Still looking for an answer for this.

I gave the answer above, direct subsidized and subsidized loans for undergrad are considered Stafford loans.

Also, if you enrolled in another program such as a master's in another year before or after dental school, part of the loan package will be Stafford loans. Don't get stuck on 4 years of dental school as the only 4 years people take out loans for education.