General Admissions & OTCAS Stanbridge college, CA: OT masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beachbum92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to ask if my stats are good for being accepted into Standbridge college's MSOT program?
I will be applying by the middle of October in hopes of acceptance for the September 2017 start.

Cumulative Gpa: 3.6
Pre-req Gpa: 3.6
Volunteering hrs: 100+ hours (still observing so I don't have an exact amount)
1. rehabilitation and nursing center with geriatrics
2. pediatrics: private center
3. pediatrics: special needs preschool
Assistant teacher/1:1 aide for 2 years at a special needs school

I took the GRE's 3 years ago and didn't do awful, but not the scores they are looking for. I will be retaking the gre's next month.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the specifics about your particular program, but your stats look good -- especially with the amount of experience you've collected. If Stanbridge has a cut-off GRE score and you scored below it or close to cut-off, probably a good idea that you retake it. Focus your studies this time on the areas you did the poorest. Good luck!

Hello,

I wanted to ask if my stats are good for being accepted into Standbridge college's MSOT program?
I will be applying by the middle of October in hopes of acceptance for the September 2017 start.

Cumulative Gpa: 3.6
Pre-req Gpa: 3.6
Volunteering hrs: 100+ hours (still observing so I don't have an exact amount)
1. rehabilitation and nursing center with geriatrics
2. pediatrics: private center
3. pediatrics: special needs preschool
Assistant teacher/1:1 aide for 2 years at a special needs school

I took the GRE's 3 years ago and didn't do awful, but not the scores they are looking for. I will be retaking the gre's next month.
Hi Beachbum!
Did you end up applying? I just submitted mine for Fall 2017.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Beachbum!

yes! I submitted my application back in October. I saw that you wrote that you originally applied for Spring 2017 & got an interview? How was it?

I'm a little nervous as my stats aren't the best. What I wrote above in my first post is incorrect. I actually have a 3.2 overall GPA. I was going by my gpa that i had when I graduated from my primary school. I didn't know at first that they calculated every gpa from all schools you took courses at.

Hi Beachbum!

sorry I confused and totally mixed up your responses haha

How was the interview for west coast university?
and how do you feel about stanbridge?

sorry I confused and totally mixed up your responses haha

How was the interview for west coast university?
and how do you feel about stanbridge?
It's ok :) I got what you were trying to say.
I interviewed with the dean and he was very nice. It was back in early September and I got my rejection letter about a month after. It was not hard at all but I got nervous and chopped up my answers lol I feel that I need to practice interview questions more. As for Stanbridge, I am 2 points below the "preferred minimum" for verbal on GRE so I am hoping they don't discharge my application just for that one reason. This whole process is so stressful :zombie:
Are you from So Cal? What other schools have you applied for?

It's ok :) I got what you were trying to say.
I interviewed with the dean and he was very nice. It was back in early September and I got my rejection letter about a month after. It was not hard at all but I got nervous and chopped up my answers lol I feel that I need to practice interview questions more. As for Stanbridge, I am 2 points below the "preferred minimum" for verbal on GRE so I am hoping they don't discharge my application just for that one reason. This whole process is so stressful :zombie:
Are you from So Cal? What other schools have you applied for?

I feel the same way about interviews. I definitely need to practice more as well!

the same thing happened with me haha I got 1 point below on the verbal section. I was so upset. I saw the word "preferred" and figured that meant they prefer a score, but that it was not mandatory. I'm taking it again in the next two weeks hoping to get at least a 150. It is really is all so stressful. I've had moments where I freak out because I'm so nervous I won't be accepted or will have to do the whole process again.

I'm from Long island! I applied to USC and WCU and then a bunch on the East coast. I feel like I have a better chance being accepted to schools in california. All the schools here in NY are extremely competitive. But now I'm hoping I at least get accepted into one school.

I saw on the other thread you are from So Cal. Is this your first year applying? and did you apply to schools other than CA?

I feel the same way about interviews. I definitely need to practice more as well!

the same thing happened with me haha I got 1 point below on the verbal section. I was so upset. I saw the word "preferred" and figured that meant they prefer a score, but that it was not mandatory. I'm taking it again in the next two weeks hoping to get at least a 150. It is really is all so stressful. I've had moments where I freak out because I'm so nervous I won't be accepted or will have to do the whole process again.

I'm from Long island! I applied to USC and WCU and then a bunch on the East coast. I feel like I have a better chance being accepted to schools in california. All the schools here in NY are extremely competitive. But now I'm hoping I at least get accepted into one school.

I saw on the other thread you are from So Cal. Is this your first year applying? and did you apply to schools other than CA?
Ugh the GRE SUCKS!!! Good luck with that! I'm sure you will do great! Road Island is far!! Maybe we'll both get into standbridge :) hehe
I see people getting accepted to schools all over the country and I feel like I should apply out of state but at this point I would like to stay close to home. I'm in your same boat though, this is my first time applying and I would hate to have to go through the whole process all over again. It seems like everyone applies and gets in 2nd time around, I pray that isn't our case!!

None of you should be going to Standbridge. Find non profit schools to attend. There are many. Profit motive and education do not belong together, please look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
None of you should be going to Standbridge. Find non profit schools to attend. There are many. Profit motive and education do not belong together, please look elsewhere.

I've heard some good things about this school from those who attend.

what do you know about this particular program? Do you go there?

Ugh the GRE SUCKS!!! Good luck with that! I'm sure you will do great! Road Island is far!! Maybe we'll both get into standbridge :) hehe
I see people getting accepted to schools all over the country and I feel like I should apply out of state but at this point I would like to stay close to home. I'm in your same boat though, this is my first time applying and I would hate to have to go through the whole process all over again. It seems like everyone applies and gets in 2nd time around, I pray that isn't our case!!

I hope we both get accepted :)

Does it matter though being that its fully accredited?

Does it matter though being that its fully accredited?

I agree.

From what I have read on numerous threads, it does not matter which school you attend. at the end of the day, we are all taking the same board exams. Obviously some schools may vary.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree.

From what I have read on numerous threads, it does not matter which school you attend. at the end of the day, we are all taking the same board exams. Obviously some schools may vary.
I was planning on applying here until I found out that they're not regionally accredited (only nationally). Do u think that makes a difference to employers if a school is not regionally accredited? I like this progrM bc it's only 2 days a week and I have to continue working while in grad school

I was planning on applying here until I found out that they're not regionally accredited (only nationally). Do u think that makes a difference to employers if a school is not regionally accredited? I like this progrM bc it's only 2 days a week and I have to continue working while in grad school

to be honest, i'm not 100% sure. I know that's the problem people had with this school. However, many have graduated from this program already. I believe if there truly was a problem, we would have read about it.

However, I don't know much about the difference between nationally and regionally accredited and how it plays into future jobs.

I've seen you in a couple other threads... which school did you attend and how long ago?

I plan on staying in Southern California and I applied to Dominquez Hills, which is the cheapest in the area and I got denied. My other options are private schools which cost an arm and a leg. I've been told by OTs to get in where I can regardless of cost because the job stability will be worth it in the end. On the other hand my brother disagrees and thinks I should not take on 80k + debt. Where do you stand on that? I'm pretty sure I've read that you don't think it's worth the debt but what if my only other options are private schools.

I've seen you in a couple other threads... which school did you attend and how long ago?

I plan on staying in Southern California and I applied to Dominquez Hills, which is the cheapest in the area and I got denied. My other options are private schools which cost an arm and a leg. I've been told by OTs to get in where I can regardless of cost because the job stability will be worth it in the end. On the other hand my brother disagrees and thinks I should not take on 80k + debt. Where do you stand on that? I'm pretty sure I've read that you don't think it's worth the debt but what if my only other options are private schools.[/

Last edited:
What is the cost of this program anyways? Their website is super confusing and information is very hard to find regarding tuition and fees. I spent 20+ minutes and couldn't find anything
I was looking into this program and had the same issue, I asked them on the phone and they said it is 95k in tuition and fees for the entire program. They said it isn't posted online anywhere... very bizarre

I was looking into this program and had the same issue, I asked them on the phone and they said it is 95k in tuition and fees for the entire program. They said it isn't posted online anywhere... very bizarre
I have never heard of any school not posting tuition and fee prices online. Can anybody else confirm this?

It's on their website! I just found it before

Go to the website and scroll all the way down until you see the gray "bars" that have different links. One says, "disclosures." Once you click that, click the master in OT link

Go to the website and scroll all the way down until you see the gray "bars" that have different links. One says, "disclosures." Once you click that, click the master in OT link
$93,000 for this year plus tuition increases for next fall 2017? No thanks

$93,000 for this year plus tuition increases for next fall 2017? No thanks

That's the total cost... for the entire program. That's how much most programs are. They are even more expensive in NY

That's the total cost... for the entire program. That's how much most programs are. They are even more expensive in NY
Most programs are not $93,000+ and are NOT in New York City or California. Most are $50-70,000...

Exactly... most schools in NY and california are this price. If you don't like the price then go somewhere else.

Exactly... most schools in NY and california are this price. If you don't like the price then go somewhere else.
Upstate NY prices are reasonable. Will be going to a MUCH cheaper $30,000+ program