Stanford Medical Students: need some advice please??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MC789

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently an undergraduate science major and am planning on applying to medical school after I graduate. My dream school is Stanford and I am aware that it is extremely difficult to get accepted to Stanford's medical school. I was wondering if those of you who are current medical students at Stanford could give me tips on how to stand out in front of Stanford admissions. Could you give me your statistics when you applied (such as GPA, MCAT, and importantly what extracurriculars you were involved in)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Use search...read school-specific threads

Members don't see this ad :)
Cure something

edit: more seriously though, this is how I've seen the top school application process to go: you kill your undergrad, ie 3.8+ and strong MCAT, and then you apply to like all of them and probably/maybe get into one or two. Or more. I know nothing, this is just what I've seen through friends and relatives.

Cure something

edit: more seriously though, this is how I've seen the top school application process to go: you kill your undergrad, ie 3.8+ and strong MCAT, and then you apply to like all of them and probably/maybe get into one or two. Or more. I know nothing, this is just what I've seen through friends and relatives.
Too much on this site tells us it's not as random as you think it is.