Stanislav Grof will be proud

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this FDA approved research by a private clinic to use MDMA during psychotherapy (for those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases article says)

"rather than calming or sedating, a four- or five-hour psychedelic journey with MDMA, Wolfson said, can be “transformationally potent” when used in a safe, comfortable setting with a pair of trained therapists, one man and one woman."
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Ecstasy-therapy-approved-for-trial-in-Marin-6283115.php
http://philwolfsonmd.com/about-me/

California Dreamin' is what comes to mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping a serious re-exploration of therapeutic applications of MDMA, Psilocybin, LSD, ayahuasca, ibogaine and other psychedelic substances can begin again beyond end of life anxiety and so forth. Not that that isn't important work, but it seems to me it's only a slow, begrudged beginning, at the intersection of Drug War politics and policy and actual therapeutic possibilities of these agents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The CIA is interested in your research.

Was interested a la Ken Kesey et al. Until they discovered it and other psychedelic agents weren't effective agents of coercion and interrogation. In fact, quite the opposite as they would later find out, once the genie was out of the bottle. Although they also apparently explored LSD as a potential agent of mass hysteria to be sprayed over potential enemy civilian populations. Lovely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was interested a la Ken Kesey et al. Until they discovered it and other psychedelic agents weren't effective agents of coercion and interrogation. In fact, quite the opposite as they would later find out, once the genie was out of the bottle. Although they also apparently explored LSD as a potential agent of mass hysteria To be sprayed over potential enemy civilian populations. Lovely.

Or applied to Castro's cigars so that he would freak out during a live broadcast. This went about as well as you'd expect.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone here involved with treatment of PTSD with MDMA?