Start date for hobbies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LoveBeingHuman:)

I like nature and landscape photography. As a hobby, should I put the start date from when I started college or when I really started, which was high school, since adcoms don't care for high school?

Members don't see this ad.

I like nature and landscape photography. As a hobby, should I put the start date from when I started college or when I really started, which was high school, since adcoms don't care for high school?

If its something you've started in high school and continued since, I think it's fine to put the whole thing. The intent of the whole adcomms don't care about high school thing seems to be more that you should have recent activity in whatever, not just saying "well I volunteered in x my junior year of high school" and that's it for your volunteering or something.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with wholeheartedly. You have the option of breaking the activity down with the Repeated feature, perhaps into HS and College years with their individual hours, to better define your level of past and more recent involvement.