Start studying now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkididk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to start studying now, but I'm in somewhat of a predicament.

I'm going into my junior year, majoring in biomedical engineering. I have all my prereqs covered except for system physiology, which I'm taking first semester junior year. I want to take the MCATs in January before my 2nd semester junior year.

I'm afraid if I start studying now, not study as much during the academic semester because of my rigorous schedule, cram again during winter break then take the MCAT, then I'll have a hard time remembering what I learned this summer.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Physiology is not a prerequisite for the MCAT.
2) The MCAT is singular, unless you plan on retaking.
3) Why don't you take the MCAT in the Spring of your Junior year?

System physiology at my school covers biological systems, so I haven't learned all that yet.
I do want to take the MCAT spring of my Junior year. I just want to study this summer instead of next semester because of a tough schedule. I'm afraid what I learn this summer will go down the drain once spring comes around.

System physiology at my school covers biological systems, so I haven't learned all that yet.
I do want to take the MCAT spring of my Junior year. I just want to study this summer instead of next semester because of a tough schedule. I'm afraid what I learn this summer will go down the drain once spring comes around.

Your original post said you wanted to take it in January.

There are many big picture topics on the MCAT, but there is a fair share of rote memory as well. IE Is the focal length of a Converging lens + or - ? Those are things that one will probably forget over a couple of months without review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, January will be right before the spring of my junior year. I didn't understand that you were implying to study for a while during that semester. Again I run into the problem of studying with a tough course load because of my major, but it's an option. Thanks!

Sorry, January will be right before the spring of my junior year. I didn't understand that you were implying to study for a while during that semester. Again I run into the problem of studying with a tough course load because of my major, but it's an option. Thanks!

I'm in a similar situation. I've opted to study this summer and take it in late August.