Other OT-Related Information Starting an OT student blog?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you read a blog about life as an OT student?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OTgal07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am beginning my OT program in June, and I have been thinking about starting a blog about being an OT student. There aren't many OT student blogs out there, but the few that exist are really interesting to read. Especially as a pre-OT student. Would anyone on here read a blog about an OT student's life? Classes, making the transition from undergrad to grad school, moving/commuting, fieldwork, tips for staying on top of things/motivated, tips for applying to OT school, etc....?

Just curious to see if there is any interest out there!

Members don't see this ad.

I am beginning my OT program in June, and I have been thinking about starting a blog about being an OT student. There aren't many OT student blogs out there, but the few that exist are really interesting to read. Especially as a pre-OT student. Would anyone on here read a blog about an OT student's life? Classes, making the transition from undergrad to grad school, moving/commuting, fieldwork, tips for staying on top of things/motivated, tips for applying to OT school, etc....?

Just curious to see if there is any interest out there!

I was thinking of doing the same thing! I found an awesome blog to get tips for interviews and making my applications stronger. https://gottabeot.wordpress.com/ provides so much useful information and gives an insiders point of view of attending graduate school. I feel like once people get in they stop providing ideas or resources for other students to look into. I think this would be a great idea that can help future colleagues. Especially since the blog would grow along with you as you immerse yourself into your studies and as a licensed OT when the time comes :)

@RUNNING_OT i love gottabeot's blog! Her blog is the only one that I have found that posts regularly and is current.

Members don't see this ad :)
@RUNNING_OT i love gottabeot's blog! Her blog is the only one that I have found that posts regularly and is current.

I know! I went on there for interview tips and for scholarship/financial aid help. It makes me aware of all the resources out there. There is another blog I have gone on to read to get a feel for a day in the life of an OT and examples of different areas of specialization.

Couple of OT blogs I have read suck. They arent updated often or about peds.

Gottabeot seems legit.

I was also thinking the same thing!! You should put your blog names down when you create them - would be cool to see all the different experiences through OT school.

I might read a blog. But it depends. On the physical therapy forum on SDN (which has more activity from current grad students, so I sometimes check it out), there was one student who gave weekly updates of her first year. It quickly just became the same entry: "This is the hardest week ever. I studied." On repeat, over and over. I think keeping things fresh is hard. But your ideas sound good. Transitioning from being a student to being a professional, the ins and outs of field work, etc. And not obsessing (*cough*bragging*cough*) over how much studying one does. I dunno, I think an OT student blog could be good. I'd definitely check it out.

I like GottaBeOT. I like ABC Therapeutics also. They're both well written and updated often.

I start my first year of OT school this year...would love to read about someone else's experiences!! Will keep an eye out on this post for any updates for the blog.

Reactions: 1 user