This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

someone75

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Curious to hear the same thing. If not one of these two, what are the suggested computers/tablets?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got a surface pro 3 and it's rather fabulous

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an iPad and it's also great. Are you using it for notes or to screw around? Just go try them both and take whatever you want.

Ipad first - recommend at least 64gb.

If you have extra money to splurge, get the surface pro.

Personally, I've found little use in trying to tailor my operating system to dental school. It's just powerpoints and word documents, and one test taking software that is compatible across the board.

Go with what you prefer for entertainment or familiarity reasons.

I was considering both for school, and already own an iPad. Battery life is my number one priority, and both left me a little underwhelmed. After more research I've decided to go with the new HP Spectre x360. Check it out. It's a 2 in 1 so can be used as a tablet, stylus capable, quite a bit faster/more storage than the other two and has a 12 hour battery life. You may dislike HP, so that may immediately disqualify it, but thought I would make another suggestion. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
I was considering both for school, and already own an iPad. Battery life is my number one priority, and both left me a little underwhelmed. After more research I've decided to go with the new HP Spectre x360. Check it out. It's a 2 in 1 so can be used as a tablet, stylus capable, quite a bit faster/more storage than the other two and has a 12 hour battery life. You may dislike HP, so that may immediately disqualify it, but thought I would make another suggestion. Good luck
You do know that the ipad air gets over 13-14 hours of battery life per charge?

You do know that the ipad air gets over 13-14 hours of battery life per charge?

Miss the part where I said I already own an iPad? I can assure you it gets nowhere near 13-14 hours per charge. Apple claims up to 10 hours. With real world usage, 9ish hours is most typical.

IMG_0013_2.jpg
Miss the part where I said I already own an iPad? I can assure you it gets nowhere near 13-14 hours per charge. Apple claims up to 10 hours. With real world usage, 9ish hours is most typical.

Here's some real world usage for ya. By the way opera coast is a Web browser.

Last edited: