Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Starting Salary for Gynecologic Oncologist

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by BacteriaER, 04.07.02.

1. BacteriaER

BacteriaER Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Anyone knows the starting salary for this specialty? What is the long-term earning?

Thanks

B
  2. sistermike

sistermike Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Well I know the median salary for an Oncologist is around $220,000. And the average salary for a Gynecologist $165,000 so I am guessing that a Gynecology Oncologist is somewhere between those two or perhaps higher.. :oops: ) But I dunno for sure.
  3. Whisker Barrel Cortex

Whisker Barrel Cortex 1K Member

SDN 10+ Year Member
    Although I don't know the specific salary for gyn onc, I do know that it is one of the best paid OB/GYN subspecialties. They make more than medical oncologists (which is a completely different specialty through medicine, not OB/GYN) because it is a surgical specialty. There are also not that many gyn oncs out there. I would geuss starting is in the 200,000-300,000 range depending on area and practice.
  4. missMD

missMD Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Are the hours as crazy as in the regular Ob/Gyn?
  5. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic! Administrator SDN Senior Moderator Lifetime Donor

Attending Physician
    Physician Faculty hSDN Member SDN 10+ Year Member
    I'll move this to Rotations and Residencies for ya.
  6. callowna

callowna Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    BacteriaER,
    No offense but you almost seem obsessed with finding out what the starting salary is for gyn oncologists! I've seen you ask it multiple times in several threads. Anyway, according to a faculty member at my school most gyn oncologists start off at about $200K - $250K. Those who put in the hard hours can earn up to $350K - $400K. He is an MFM person and believes that out of all the subspecialties in ob/gyn, gyn onc has the highest earning potential. However, as was already mentioned this is highly dependent on location. Have you looked at the website for the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists? The info might be somewhere on their website.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal