Starting this Fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

empthisis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have much experience and I am starting PharmD this September. Should I be reviewing or getting prepared in any way? I am not sure what level of knowledge is expected of me from the get go. Anyone have any advice on what they did and how their program was at the beginning?

Members don't see this ad.

There is nothing to prepare for. You are going to be doing college level classes for the first year at least.

Get a job at retail and work at that pharmacy once a month at least. Also, get a job in a hospital and work there as a tech, once a month at least as well. You will thank me when you are graduating.

Ignore all my advice if your parents have their own store or their own generic company.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best advise. Get an intern position as soon as you can. Not at a CVS

Reactions: 1 users
Best thing you can do is get a tech/intern job. In terms of "pre-studying" there's really no benefit/low yeild aside from learning the top 300 drugs.

Get both retail and hospital jobs and work as much as possible. You will learn about the real world vs what they teach you in class. I'll also second learning the top 300 drugs. There are some good flash cards for it by Lange. Will make your life much easier in p2-p4.

Reactions: 1 user