Starting to study for MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reinvented_Virginian

22 y/o School Teacher & ROADS Hopeful
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a Senior in College right now, finishing up my last semester, and concurrently preparing for the new MCAT. I plan to use a hybridized form of the SN2ED plan, paired with the Kaplan books for the new pysch/social component as well as the Biochemistry portion, and supplement this content review with a myriad of different testing materials.

Right now, I've settled on using all the AAMC exams, Gold Standard Exams, PR 2015 Practice Exams, Kaplan 2015 Practice Exams, as well as the Holy Grail, the one 2015 practice exam being released by AAMC.

If you'd like to PM me for my plan, or have a study technique that you are planning on using and want to share, I'd be more than happy to exchange ideas.

New Years Resolution: Defeat the 2015 MCAT!

Best of luck to everyone taking this exam. IMO, I'm not too scared, I think it will be good to us! Make us more informed Medical Applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've heard, for the first few exams administered this year (May & June), AAMC will only be releasing 1 official exam.

First MCAT2015 dates are in April (2 testing dates) as well as May & June. Those poor April test takers...have to wait until June 16 for their scores!

First MCAT2015 dates are in April (2 testing dates) as well as May & June. Those poor April test takers...have to wait until June 16 for their scores!
Yes, but a preliminary assessment of their percentile score on the exam will be emailed to them 3-4 weeks after examination.

And most importantly, they will have the scores available before the 1st day that the AMCAS application can be submitted. So, in reality, they will be at little disadvantage. They will be able to know if a retake is in their future from the percentile.

Hi Guys,

I'm a Senior in College right now, finishing up my last semester, and concurrently preparing for the new MCAT. I plan to use a hybridized form of the SN2ED plan, paired with the Kaplan books for the new pysch/social component as well as the Biochemistry portion, and supplement this content review with a myriad of different testing materials.

Right now, I've settled on using all the AAMC exams, Gold Standard Exams, PR 2015 Practice Exams, Kaplan 2015 Practice Exams, as well as the Holy Grail, the one 2015 practice exam being released by AAMC.

If you'd like to PM me for my plan, or have a study technique that you are planning on using and want to share, I'd be more than happy to exchange ideas.

New Years Resolution: Defeat the 2015 MCAT!

Best of luck to everyone taking this exam. IMO, I'm not too scared, I think it will be good to us! Make us more informed Medical Applicants.
Next Step seems to have some good materials as well. Also take a look at the Khan Academy passages as they collaborated with the AAMC.

Next Step seems to have some good materials as well. Also take a look at the Khan Academy passages as they collaborated with the AAMC.

Yeah, I'm definitely investing in the NextStep (though I've never heard of that company prior to MCAT 2015) Social/Psych Books, because they seem to have so many questions. Practice is practice I guess!

I'm also using Chad's online videos, a lot of people have said that's gold for PS Practice, which I'm pretty weak in. I might dabble a bit with Khan Academy here and there but they seem to have 1000+ videos that are like 10-15 minutes long each. I tried to incorporate them into my study schedule but it doesn't seem realistic. But, I am certainly going to attempt to go through all of the passages on their website so thanks for the reminder!

Any recommendation on which study package is better for MCAT 2015? Kaplan or EK?

Reactions: 1 user