Starting to Worry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chelsea24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting to worry about getting accepted this cycle. Applied to 11 schools. Haven't heard from any besides secondaries. I'm an undergrad at UMich. Have over 100 hours shadowing, volunteer hours, and other strong extracurriculars.

Gpa: 3.3
18 on DAT

Should I send update letters, worry and make plans for next year, or relax?

Members don't see this ad.

18 is a little low, when did you send in your application? and which schools did you apply to?

Are your grades from this semester looking good? If so an academic update will help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was mailed 7/31.

USC, Michigan, Detroit Mercy, Minnesota, Marquette, Indiana, Maryland, Pitt, UNC, USC and Ohio State.

Yes was planning on doing academic update

Average overall GPA of matriculates is around a 3.6, which is a bit higher than what you have. Your DAT needs to compensate for this but an 18 is also below average. Unless your are an URM and/or have amazing extracurriculars, you'll most likely need to retake the DAT or do a SMP.

In my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Average overall GPA of matriculates is around a 3.6, which is a bit higher than what you have. Your DAT needs to compensate for this but and 18 is also below average. Unless your are an URM and/or have amazing extracurriculars, you'll most likely need to retake the DAT or do a SMP.

In my opinion, of course.

I would have to agree; in this scenario both your GPA and DAT would not be considered assets, leaving you to rely heavily on your personal statement, ECs, and recommendations.