Starting Tomorrow.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyDi930

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not real sure I belong here seeing as at this moment, I am not planning on going to med school anytime soon. I am currently a medical assistant student. I have about 2 semesters left before I also have my associates in Psychology from the school I attended prior to the one I am at now. I have always been interested in psych but needed something a little more immediate since gaining single mom status.

This quarter we are doing our medical externships and were able to request the field of medicine we want to complete our 160 hours of experience in. I was ecstatic to find out we were able to do the psych field!! Tomorrow morning I start my externship at the local psychiatric clinic. I am incredibly excited but also VERY NERVOUS! I have no idea what to expect. I will be in the "medical department" as opposed to counseling or therapy. I know we do medication administration and blood draws but beyond that, I am going in blind.

Anyone have any tips or advice for surviving in this setting?

Members don't see this ad.

This should go in the psychiatry forum