State change for intern license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiapet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a pharmacy student in California. I have an opportunity to work in a different state this summer (Oregon). The future employer would like me to get an Oregon intern license. Does anyone have experience with getting another state's license, as a student? How does this work? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a pharmacy student in California. I have an opportunity to work in a different state this summer (Oregon). The future employer would like me to get an Oregon intern license. Does anyone have experience with getting another state's license, as a student? How does this work? Thanks!

Go to Oregon's BOP website and follow the directions. :thumbup:

Yes, I have an Oregon intern license. First, you can have as many intern licenses as you want.

Google Oregon Board of Pharmacy. There will be an application to fill out and send to the BOP. You will need to request a fingerprint card on their website as well, as they will not complete the application without it.

Best (and quickest) BOP I've ever dealt with...but doesnt hurt to get things done ahead of time.