State Residency question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronakmela8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a California Resident - ORM. I finished my undergrad in Missouri and will be working there for my gap year. I am getting Missouri residency as I have completed their requirements to become a state resident.

I have a 3.65/3.5 gpa and a 28 and 27 MCAT - will be retaking in the near future during gap year.

Does anyone know if I have to put for how long I have lived in Missouri or can I just put my residency as Missouri once I get approved. Also, will this help my chances for MD schools in Missouri and in general as I am no longer affiliated with CA?

Members don't see this ad.

Look up the info at your state school.

http://registrar.missouri.edu/residency/residency-requirements.php

I don't think they care as long as you are there 12 months. If less, you won't be a MO resident. It sounds like as a student, you would be fine though. In addition, make sure to get a MO DL and voter registration.

It will help you with admission to UMKC and Mizzou as they preferentially admit state residents. It will have less effect at WashU, SLU, and KCU, as they are private schools.