stationary or typewritten

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so when you are writing thank you letters to your interviewers, is it better to write them on personalized stationary or just a normal typed out letter. I have stationary that has my name on it but that means I would have to handwrite it(which i think is more personal) but is it more professional to type it and sign your name? Thanks

dentalguy

Members don't see this ad.

Type it up in proper "thank you letter" format. You can do a google search for "thank you letters" and will get 100 sites explaining format and what to say. blah blah.

As for the stationary, I think that is unecessary. But if you like I'm sure you could just slip a sheet into the printer.

I think hand written "Thank You" letters are much more personal than typed ones.

I agree with a previous poster about going with the 'professional-type' thank you letter. I used one of the 'dummy guides to interviewing' books as a guide for my ty letters. Additionally, I only sent TY letters to 1/2 of the schools I interviewed at and was accepted at all of them, so I don't know how much weight the TY letter holds. It's a nice gesture either way..