Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you all think I should have by now received something from rcsi if I was rejected?

Who knows? I don't think anyone can tell you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
again no rejection in the mail from either abp or rcsi today. looks like now ill have to wait till monday

whats going on with NUIG and TCD?? anyone get anything from either recently?

No news is good news :D.

This.

Blazers,

Seriously, stop freaking out, go do something else. The wait was longest when I was thinking about it. I stopped worrying about it, forgot about it for a while and then it came when I was in the middle of work :D.

Easier said than done I know but seriously you're stressing ME out from reading your posts.

Though I really wished you had apped to UCD.

This.

Blazers,

Seriously, stop freaking out, go do something else. The wait was longest when I was thinking about it. I stopped worrying about it, forgot about it for a while and then it came when I was in the middle of work :D.

Easier said than done I know but seriously you're stressing ME out from reading your posts.

Though I really wished you had apped to UCD.

its really hard not to think about it :( and i do wish i applied to more schools :(

i saw according to previous sdn posts, that it seemed like rcsi rejections were not sent out in bulks and some received them early in april and some received them end of may! so that puts a damper on my optimism.

Is there anybody out there waiting for second round interview offer from RCSI? Can someone please contact ABP tomm, and ask them if interview offers for RCSI have been made all ready or when they are expected to come out? Im asking this because I called them early last week, and at that point they said interview offers had not been made yet, and I dont want to call them for a while now.

Ok guys, so I was doing my medical tests for UCC yesterday, and i happened to mention that im going to Ireland to my doctor. turned out her daughters study medicine in Ireland and she said they love it there.
one thing that really bothered me though is what she said about ABP and I quote: "ABP is a real cheat, isnt it?" i asked her why, and she said they assign schools to applicants randomly, and again I quote her: "you go here, you go there..."
I dunno if that really is the case but it sure doesnt sound really good.

its really hard not to think about it :( and i do wish i applied to more schools :(

i saw according to previous sdn posts, that it seemed like rcsi rejections were not sent out in bulks and some received them early in april and some received them end of may! so that puts a damper on my optimism.

Is there anybody out there waiting for second round interview offer from RCSI? Can someone please contact ABP tomm, and ask them if interview offers for RCSI have been made all ready or when they are expected to come out? Im asking this because I called them early last week, and at that point they said interview offers had not been made yet, and I dont want to call them for a while now.

Is it a certainty that they are doing a second round of interviews? I thought I saw somewhere that since there were over 1500 applicants to rcsi this year they aren't. That may not be correct though, regardless, good luck blazers!

Ok guys, so I was doing my medical tests for UCC yesterday, and i happened to mention that im going to Ireland to my doctor. turned out her daughters study medicine in Ireland and she said they love it there.
one thing that really bothered me though is what she said about ABP and I quote: "ABP is a real cheat, isnt it?" i asked her why, and she said they assign schools to applicants randomly, and again I quote her: "you go here, you go there..."

Erm, she knows this how? Unless she works for ABP I wouldn't put any stock in that.

And it's the schools that decide not ABP, though I believe some of though have been at the interview sites talking to applicants. Not 100% sure on that though.

Don't listen to hearsay.

Is it a certainty that they are doing a second round of interviews? I thought I saw somewhere that since there were over 1500 applicants to rcsi this year they aren't. That may not be correct though, regardless, good luck blazers!

there will DEFINITELY, 100% be second round interviews. ABP told me themselves multiple multiple times. The question is when. If someone can call tommorow to ask when interview offers will be released that would be great. gl to you all

Members don't see this ad :)
Erm, she knows this how? Unless she works for ABP I wouldn't put any stock in that.

And it's the schools that decide not ABP, though I believe some of though have been at the interview sites talking to applicants. Not 100% sure on that though.

Don't listen to hearsay.
Apparently her daughters are twins and had similar stats, but got into different schools

there will DEFINITELY, 100% be second round interviews. ABP told me themselves multiple multiple times. The question is when. If someone can call tommorow to ask when interview offers will be released that would be great. gl to you all

Instead of continually pestering ABP why don't you just wait to hear about interviews, people will post if they got interview invites, if you keep calling they are simply going to keep answering "you will know when you know, it'll be soon". Calling does not increase your chances of getting in, of getting an invite sooner, or speed up the process, so why don't you leave them alone and wait like everyone else... they are working hard and it will get done soon.

I think the next couple weeks are going to be big weeks for everyone! Good luck to all!

Apparently her daughters are twins and had similar stats, but got into different schools

Woa! Talk about a school aiming for diversity! :laugh:

In all seriousness, there are so many things which could have lead to that other than foul play (which i don't actually think your implying). Names could have been selected in different orders. People could have been more or less nervous during interviews. Different letters of intent....it goes on and on.

In the current 2012 entry Facebook group, there are two twins who are attending RCSI in the fall. (Obligatory "twins basil!")

I found the ABP people to be very nice. Finbar was extremely helpful with my application and in email coreespondance, and I met Peter in person and he seemed like a great dude. Certainly I would have nothing but positive words to say about ABP.

I found the ABP people to be very nice. Finbar was extremely helpful with my application and in email coreespondance, and I met Peter in person and he seemed like a great dude. Certainly I would have nothing but positive words to say about ABP.

This.

They know exactly how to calm people down before an interview and are nothing but nice. It was almost refreshing when I spoke to them, how down to earth they were. This doesn't necessarily mean ABP is good/bad, but in my first hand experience, the people are great!

Anyways, Blazers just be patient. It is 100% out of your hands now. Stay busy and stop calling them (imo.). Good luck!

I actually saw this in the posts from last year on previous pages in this forum. They were saying that ABP tells the schools which applicants to consider. If this is true, I don't even know what to say. It's incredibly stupid and definitely not fair for all the applicants who applied.

I actually saw this in the posts from last year on previous pages in this forum. They were saying that ABP tells the schools which applicants to consider. If this is true, I don't even know what to say. It's incredibly stupid and definitely not fair for all the applicants who applied.

Especially since we pay additional money for each school...

But again it could be a rumor.

Im guessing they prob forward all the apps but add in their recommendation of who they should consider for admission

Is anyone out there still waiting to hear from rcsi? Can someone call abp and ask them about when rcsi interview decisions will go out

Is anyone out there still waiting to hear from rcsi? Can someone call abp and ask them about when rcsi interview decisions will go out
Im waitlisted at rcsi, waiting to hear about the final decision. It would only make sense if I hear from them before the second round of invites go out. ill promise to let you know as soon as i hear from them Blazers. Dude youre stressing too much!

Cool man. Ill do the same if i hear anything. Gl to you!

Yes, we were guessing, thinking they looked through and 'recommended' certain apps to fit certain schools. We were completely guessing though.

What I *do* think happens is that they check apps for completeness and following directions. I also think there is something going on with getting accepted to one school but not another. That is, if you got into one, a rejection would follow for the remaining schools. This wasn't true for every single person, but for the most part that's what it seemed like. I, for example, hadn't heard from UCD or UCL. I got an acceptance from UCD then a short while later rejection from UCL.

Again, this is all theorizing what goes on behind closed doors.

Yes, we were guessing, thinking they looked through and 'recommended' certain apps to fit certain schools. We were completely guessing though.

What I *do* think happens is that they check apps for completeness and following directions. I also think there is something going on with getting accepted to one school but not another. That is, if you got into one, a rejection would follow for the remaining schools. This wasn't true for every single person, but for the most part that's what it seemed like. I, for example, hadn't heard from UCD or UCL. I got an acceptance from UCD then a short while later rejection from UCL.

Again, this is all theorizing what goes on behind closed doors.

I recently got an email asking if I wanted to be considered for the other schools despite having accepted my spot at UCC. I told them to withdraw my app from all the other schools except for UCD.

Im waitlisted at rcsi, waiting to hear about the final decision. It would only make sense if I hear from them before the second round of invites go out. ill promise to let you know as soon as i hear from them Blazers. Dude youre stressing too much!

i was thinking that if you got an interview, its highly probable you will get accepted.

apparently they over-accepted this year.

again no news from either rcsi or abp today.

then why are they having second round interviews? ABP has told me numerous times that there will be interviews. I'm so tempted to just call ABP and ask if second round interview decisions have been made. It looks like on this forum, no one is waiting for a second round interview offer other than me or am I wrong on that?

Last edited:
Last time I called, Mr.Nealon told me that theres about a dozen ppl on the waitlist, and that a lot of super achievers get into multiple schools then end up declining some. He said that theres a 50/50 chance of getting accepted off the waitlist. Considering those numbers I am not even sure if there is a high likelihood of a second round of invites but then again I could be completely wrong. so dont lose hope yet. its better to call ABP, i mean, they are there in place of an online application system, so they should be used to recieveing a lot of status-update calls

Last time I called, Mr.Nealon told me that theres about a dozen ppl on the waitlist, and that a lot of super achievers get into multiple schools then end up declining some. He said that theres a 50/50 chance of getting accepted off the waitlist. Considering those numbers I am not even sure if there is a high likelihood of a second round of invites but then again I could be completely wrong. so dont lose hope yet. its better to call ABP, i mean, they are there in place of an online application system, so they should be used to recieveing a lot of status-update calls

i know the location of the second round interviews is set. Also, I have been told that there def will be second round interviews, and it always seemed like there was no question about it. i hope the interview is not there as interviewing for a waitlist spot... i will call ABP tomm

and who is Mr. Nealon? I see his name being mentioned all over the forum, but have never talked to him

i know the location of the second round interviews is set. Also, I have been told that there def will be second round interviews, and it always seemed like there was no question about it. i hope the interview is not there as interviewing for a waitlist spot... i will call ABP tomm

and who is Mr. Nealon? I see his name being mentioned all over the forum, but have never talked to him

'm still unclear about how you can know that there will "def be second round interviews" in spite of what ABP says over the phone and on top of what numerous people have mentioned about a waitlist; it sounds like this year's classes have filled up faster than expected either because more people have taken up offers upfront and/or due to over-acceptances by some schools. So until you personally get notified about one or personally known someone who has, there's not "definite" about the subject. It's possible they may reserve conducting a second round for circumstances in which they have spaces to fill or an unexpected dropout/number of declined offers, and don't do so until they absolutely have to, but they can't say "no we're not doing any more" until they get to a certain point in time. In any case, I recall from last year they might do "second round" offers for some of the other schools like UCD that don't conduct interviews, though one's chance of getting in was slimmer; ABP suggested taking a first round offer if you already had one since the second ones would be sent past the ~3 week deadline you had to respond to the first round of offers. Anyhow, while I can't say with certainty that there isn't an increased intake and that a second round won't happen, it seems unlikely for RCSI; they usually fly some professors from the college over to the US and Canada to do interviews, and it's a bit of a hassle for them to make multiple trips in a term, especially now that it's getting close to finals period.

So not to burst your bubble Blazers, but telling yourself what you want to hear isn't going to help- hopefully you're at least contemplating what to make out of this summer and/or upcoming academic year.

'm still unclear about how you can know that there will "def be second round interviews" in spite of what ABP says over the phone and on top of what numerous people have mentioned about a waitlist; it sounds like this year's classes have filled up faster than expected either because more people have taken up offers upfront and/or due to over-acceptances by some schools. So until you personally get notified about one or personally known someone who has, there's not "definite" about the subject. It's possible they may reserve conducting a second round for circumstances in which they have spaces to fill or an unexpected dropout/number of declined offers, and don't do so until they absolutely have to, but they can't say "no we're not doing any more" until they get to a certain point in time. In any case, I recall from last year they might do "second round" offers for some of the other schools like UCD that don't conduct interviews, though one's chance of getting in was slimmer; ABP suggested taking a first round offer if you already had one since the second ones would be sent past the ~3 week deadline you had to respond to the first round of offers. Anyhow, while I can't say with certainty that there isn't an increased intake and that a second round won't happen, it seems unlikely for RCSI; they usually fly some professors from the college over to the US and Canada to do interviews, and it's a bit of a hassle for them to make multiple trips in a term, especially now that it's getting close to finals period.

So not to burst your bubble Blazers, but telling yourself what you want to hear isn't going to help- hopefully you're at least contemplating what to make out of this summer and/or upcoming academic year.

I have confirmation that there will be a second round of interviews in May, and offers will follow from this.

I have confirmation that there will be a second round of interviews in May, and offers will follow from this.
I posted that RCSI will have a second round interviews in May like 10 days ago..

i dont know how the class is full and they are still having second round interviews? I have no idea why, unless the class is not full.

I just got an email a couple minutes ago inviting me for an interview at RCSI. You guys should be hearing from them soon.

I just got an email a couple minutes ago inviting me for an interview at RCSI. You guys should be hearing from them soon.

CONGRATS! Was it from ABP or RCSI? Now begins the frantic email checking every minute for me also. :scared:

anybody receive the package from Limerick yet? just wondering how much the deposit will be and how long we have to pay it...also is it true that if we get accepted by Limerick, they will remove our applications to the other schools? I haven't heard back from any of the other schools yet. Thanks

one of my friends just got an email as well from RCSI inviting him for an interview, thought it would be nice to share.
I personally got a rejection letter a while ago...

CONGRATS! Was it from ABP or RCSI? Now begins the frantic email checking every minute for me also. :scared:

Good Luck and I hope you get in. Now I'm just thinking about how if I get in I'm going to be able to pay for it. Unfortunately I'm not a millionaire

i havent got any letter from abp or rcsi yet, but havent gotten an interview invite yet either. :confused:

do they email all the interview offers at once, or over the next couple of days? is it also regional? where are all you from? US or Canada?

I'm in the US.

Thing is I called ABP over the phone yesterday and said I had heard nothing and asked when interview offers will go out. The person I was talking on the phone said over the next few days. So I'm really hoping they send interview invites through the days rather than one bulk. because if i didnt get an interview, time to start planning for next cycle :(

can someone please call ABP and ask if all interview invites have all ready been released, or whether some more will come in the next few days? that would help me greatly.

I got an email for my interview im from vancity!!!!! The interview is in toronto only.