step 2 ck and match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegeek1956

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
last minute question! how bad is a step 2 ck score? I had a score of 223 after receiving a 232 on step 1 but I released it anyway and I'm just a bit bummed out about the match because I'm sure my top programs thought it was too big a red flag....will it affect my match or will I still get my first choice as long as I had a decent interview and was okay on the rest of my application (although I have to say my record is only average..)

Members don't see this ad.

last minute question! how bad is a step 2 ck score? I had a score of 223 after receiving a 232 on step 1 but I released it anyway and I'm just a bit bummed out about the match because I'm sure my top programs thought it was too big a red flag....will it affect my match or will I still get my first choice as long as I had a decent interview and was okay on the rest of my application (although I have to say my record is only average..)

If I had to guess, if your score was released after your interview, chances are it won't factor into any decisions. I think most places have a pretty strong idea of how they plan to rank you after the interview day.