Step 2 CK result dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a mayne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow current and future nerdologists! I'm in the midst of application season and just received my step 2ck score: 232- which is lower than my step 1 of 235. How negatively will this be perceived by programs if I release the score? Should I just hold out until rank list time in hopes of getting as many interviews as possible, or will they think it's weird that I took the exam but didn't release the results?

Members don't see this ad.

I released mine which was like yours: fine, but lower than step 1. Didn't seem to matter. Got the invites I wanted and nobody commented on it or asked about it.

Those are great scores imo. If you are U.S. Allopathic, just don't kill a patient at Step 3 and you will be fine. Watch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, that puts me at ease- was concerned because the step 2 was below the matched avg. (240), but still within 1 SD.

Hi everyone ,
I am in a pickle here. I took CS n CK n have not taken step 1 yet! Can anyone who took the exam on saturday tell me whether they got their result by third wednesday?
I tried scheduling my exam sooner but there is no date avalaible until 10/18 ( sat), i really need the score latest by 11/5( wed).... I know they say if u take the exam between wed to fri it comes on the third wednesday n if u take on monday/tuesdayt comes on the fourth wednesday... There is no accurate data/ post about exam takers on saturdays...
Please someone who has taken either step 1 or CK on a Saturday please give me accurate info.. Im going crazy here.. Thanks a lot